Senior Kafka Engineer- DataHub Infrastructure
New York, NY
Posted Apr 14, 2022 - Requisition No. 96633
The DataHub Engineering team provides a distributed platform for hosting datasets, complete with managed data stores, search, discovery, batch analytics and real-time stream processing capabilities. Our goals: ensure high quality content, which is indispensable to financial markets, is cataloged, standardized, discoverable, distributed and accessible in one place.
Who are you:
The ideal candidate is an innovative problem solver who enjoys working in multiple roles and thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. You are curious, kind, continually learning, and happy to share what you learn. You enjoy pursuing complex issues to their root cause. You love distributed messaging, performance at scale, and engineering for reliability.
What's in it for you:
As a senior infrastructure engineer in the DataHub team, you will build a Kafka-based data pipeline infrastructure that scales to address needs of all financial datasets at Bloomberg. You will engineer for reliability, scale, performance, efficiency, observability and ease of use. This is an opportunity to engineer systems on a massive scale, and to gain valuable experience in distributed computing. Your impact will be at the heart of financial data at the most influential financial data company in the world. You'll be surrounded by people who are passionate about distributed computing, and believe that premier service is crucial to customer success. You'll get the chance to work with engineering teams across Bloomberg as well as opportunities to be a committer to open source.
You'll need to have:
- 7+ years of programming experience in Java/Scala or C/C++
- Experience designing scalable, low latency services
- Proficiency in Kafka, distributed messaging systems, Linux and performance tuning
- Understanding of distributed systems, consensus algorithms, network programming, concurrency, Linux file systems, debugging
- Experience in software instrumentation for monitoring and observability
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
We'd love to see:
- Kafka commit experience
- Pride of ownership and quality in your work
- A team player with a customer-focus
- Any of your contributions to the open-source community
About Us: Meet the DataHub Engineering Team https://www.techatbloomberg.com/blog/meet-the-team-datahub-engineering/