Senior MLOps Engineer - Artificial Intelligence Group
New York, NY
Posted Feb 16, 2023 - Requisition No. 111385
The AI Group is the central engineering group responsible for driving Machine Learning (ML) adoption at Bloomberg, with over 200 researchers and engineers working together to provide clients with the best-in-class news, research, market data, and analytics using innovative machine learning technology. We directly impact a wide variety of our flagship products, including news, research, pricing, communications platforms, search and discovery tools. We work on a variety of ML fields, including natural language processing, information retrieval, time series analysis, and recommender systems.
Our team makes extensive use of open source and is deeply involved in a number of communities such as PyTorch, PyTorch Lightning, Hugging Face, Solr, Kubernetes, Kubeflow, KServe, Apache Kafka, Apache Spark, Argo, Buildpacks, and other cloud-native MLOps technologies. From technical governance to upstream collaboration, we are committed to enhancing the impact and sustainability of open source.
In this role, you’ll be expected to interact with global open source project teams and communities. If you have a desire to use, develop, and lead open source software projects, we encourage you to apply. To learn more about our activities in the open source community, head over to our Tech at Bloomberg site.
We’ll trust you to:
While working on the team as an MLOps Engineer, you will have the opportunity to enhance our platforms to streamline the productionization of ML models. You will work with both application and platforms teams to create a more cohesive, integrated, and managed model development life cycle. Typical activities include:
- Architecting, building, and diagnosing production ML systems
- Working closely with ML application teams to design seamless workflows for continuous model training, inference, and monitoring
- Defining and providing strong SLAs around latency, throughput and resource (memory / disk / network / CPU / GPU) usage
- Interfacing with both ML experts and platform engineers to understand workflows, pinpoint and resolve inefficiencies, and inform the next set of features for the platforms
- Collaborating with open-source communities and internal platform teams to build a cohesive MLOps experience
- Troubleshooting and debugging user issues
- Providing operational and user-facing documentation
You'll need to have:
- 4+ years of experience working with an object-oriented programming language (C/C++, Python, Java, etc.)
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent work experience
- An understanding of Computer Science fundamentals such as data structures and algorithms
- An honest approach to problem-solving, and ability to collaborate with peers, stakeholders and management
We'd love to see:
- Curiosity to solve new problems and keep learning new technologies
- Passion for the engineering behind machine learning, and scaling it
- Industry experience with machine learning teams
- Working knowledge of common ML frameworks such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, scikit-learn, ONNX, etc.
- Prior experience with container technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, Buildpacks, etc.
- Experience with cloud providers such as AWS, GCP or Azure
- Willingness to collaborate with colleagues to achieve repeatable high quality outcomes as a team.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you kno w what the next steps are. In the meantime, check us out at http://www.techatbloomberg.com/ (http://www.techatbloomberg.com/)
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 160,000 - 240,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus