Senior Machine Learning Engineer - BLAW
New York, NY
Posted Dec 21, 2020 - Requisition No. 83974
Bloomberg Law (BLAW) is changing the legal industry by delivering the most sophisticated research platform on the market with a focus on automation, analytics and real-time answers. We provide our users with fast access to legal content and analysis, practice tools, company information and market intelligence through advanced search & analytic capabilities. We are committed to changing the way legal professionals conduct their day to day tasks by automating research and providing analytical solutions to help them get real-time answers and better serve their clients. Our goal is to use innovative technologies to deliver best in class solutions on a fast and reliable web platform that will impact the future practice of law.
Who are we?
The Bloomberg Law Machine Learning Team are Researchers and Engineers who have a passion for solving complex problems in the legal domain. As a member of our team, you will focus on leveraging Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies to build workflow solutions aimed at making attorneys more efficient in completing their everyday legal tasks. We use Information Extraction, Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Machine Learning (ML) techniques such as named entity disambiguation, text classification, clustering and topical modeling to extract and identify relevant, meaningful and actionable information (such as case outcomes, legal entities, document structure, legal principles, legal topics) from legal data. We work closely with product managers, software engineers and legal domain experts using agile development.
We’ll trust you to:
- Lead all phases of machine learning model development life cycles from data gathering to productionizing models, optimizing model performance and monitoring
- Design, write, test and maintain modular production-quality code
- Partner with engineers and legal domain experts to design, experiment and evaluate Machine learning models for new ideas
You'll need to have:
- 3+ years of experience in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Natural language Processing (NLP), Machine Learning (ML), Statistical Models, and Text Analytics on large data sets
- 3+ year of experience programming in Python, Java or C++
- Experience in all phases of machine learning application life cycles from data gathering and preparation to optimizing model performance
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Data Science or related technology field
- Publications or presentations in relevant communities (such as ACL, AAAI, SIGIR, KDD, EMNLP, ICML, NeurIPS or equivalent)
- Experience with distributed computational frameworks (YARN, Spark, Hadoop, Kubernetes, Docker)
- Legal domain experience
We'd love to see:
And do check out our blog, TechAtBloomberg.com, to learn more about our publications and projects in data science.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.