Senior Machine Learning Engineer - Media Data Science
New York, NY
Posted May 12, 2020 - Requisition No. 82936
Bloomberg Media supplies global business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion and proprietary data distributed on every platform. We have over 80 million unique visitors a month across every time zone! To meet the demands, our products require scalable and performant data services to deliver the best content and experiences to our users.
The Media Data Science team provides data services and AI for the media organization. We are responsible for analyzing click-stream data on Bloomberg's web and mobile applications, while also providing personalized news recommendations to hundreds of millions of users. To increase our subscriptions, we are using predictive analytics and modelling user behavior.
We are constantly collaborating across media teams to integrate our models and insights to increase customer engagement and to increase subscriptions via A/B testing and data-driven decisions.
What's in it for you?
As a member of the team you will work closely with a wide range of partners such as Product, Editorial, Ad Operations, Marketing, and other engineering teams to optimize for key metrics such as content engagement, subscription conversions, and Ad engagement. We work collaboratively to identify key business problems and areas of growth, so we can build innovative and data driven products/applications to solve them. Based on our data analysis and ML exercises, you will present our key findings and share strategies with Media leadership. We are looking for someone to build, maintain, and expand the features of real-time APIs that leverage Kubernetes and AWS to provide other application teams the data needed to deliver engaging user experiences.
Additionally, as the owner of applications that deliver key data and insights to different teams in Bloomberg Media, you'll play a central role in empowering other teams. This dynamic will provide you with opportunities to grow your network within the organization.
We'll trust you to:
- Contribute to the design, implementation, and evaluation of ML models in production
- Prototype new approaches and production-ize solutions at scale for Bloomberg media’s hundreds of millions of users
- Manage multiple DR-compliant software architectures, adhering to strict requirements concerning performance, stability, and availability
- Build, maintain, and expand the features of real-time APIs
- Collaborate with key business partners across product, editorial, and other engineers
You need to have:
- Expertise in Python and Java
- 3+ years’ experience in implementing and using Classification techniques, Dimensionality Reduction algorithms, Recommendation Systems, and Optimization Algorithms
- Experience applying Machine Learning theory to tackle practical problems, while also leading projects from incubation to large scale production deployments
- 3+ years’ experience of Object Oriented Design working on backend systems
- 3+ years’ experience working on highly concurrent, real-time applications optimizing for low latency and high scalability
- Proficient in working with and evaluating open source technologies
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
We'd love to see:
- Passion for working with large data sets
- Experience using Deep Learning techniques for recommendation and click-through rate prediction problems
- Experience with public cloud platforms like AWS, GCP, and Azure
- Interest in real-time distributed systems
- Ability to adapt cutting edge systems to enterprise requirements including high availability and disaster recovery
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.