Senior Management Information (MI) and Governance Reporting Lead, Legal and Compliance
New York, NY
Posted Sep 25, 2023 - Requisition No. 120226
Bloomberg’s Legal & Compliance Department plays a critical role in supporting our businesses and operations around the world. We move quickly and thoughtfully to help address a variety of complex legal issues that arise across the Company’s various businesses. Our team is made up of talented and hardworking professionals who think creatively and work collaboratively in an open environment to deliver results, drive innovation, and solve difficult problems. We also recognize the value of diversity and inclusion in cultivating a supportive workplace and the importance of giving back to our communities as evidenced by our award-winning pro bono program.
The Global Compliance team provides coverage of Bloomberg's regulated entities and products, including support for Bloomberg's non-regulated products and services. We work to address regulatory issues, ensure compliance with current/developing rules and regulations, and correspond with regulators. We are currently looking for an experienced person to work with our Compliance team!
What's The Role?
As a Senior MI and Governance Reporting Lead for the Global Compliance Function, you will develop, produce and manage a suite of reports to support management information reporting of key compliance risks and issues, ensuring concise and effective messaging to Compliance and business executives, and Board members. The person in this role will plan and develop reporting content that is designed to meet various regulatory expectations, as well as the expectations of Company executives. You will work closely with various partners to analyze data and monitor the status of regulatory risks, controls and compliance with policies to identify regulatory risk themes for escalation and highlight areas of focus for our stakeholders (including our Chief Compliance Officer and Executive Management).
The successful candidate will develop risk metrics to support our overall MI program, including helping enhance consistent Management Information priorities and specifications across each global Compliance program, such as Conflicts of Interest, Personal Account Dealing, Sanctions, Anti-Money Laundering, as well as for each business-aligned Compliance program, such as Electronic Trading and Index. You will provide support to help meet our Compliance governance reporting obligations at the firm-wide and licensed entity subsidiary levels, partnering with Risk, Legal, and Finance colleagues (among others) to ensure appropriate consistency across these control programs. You will help track and follow up on the Compliance issues identified for our Boards and executives.
We'll Trust You To:
- Develop, implement and maintain a suite of professional reports and presentations, ensuring consistency of content and style, which can be tailored to a variety of audiences.
- Gather and analyze data, in collaboration with our data analytics team, to develop compliance metrics (key risk, performance and control indicators) that provide regulatory risk insights and trending to support our MI reporting.
- Influence Compliance leaders across our programs to develop and refine their own Program-specific analytics in a manner that supports your ability to provide a consistent view across Compliance risk areas.
- Articulate complex information through clear, compelling, and concise written communications.
- Ensure accuracy, reliability and integrity of data used for reporting purposes.
- Monitor the production timetable for regular MI, reporting and presentational materials to ensure timely delivery, while allowing sufficient time for quality checking and review.
- Maintain a broad understanding of the Compliance function and its goals, objectives and key stakeholders and proposing ways to drive improvements with MI & reporting developments
- Lead strategy and planning sessions amongst key collaborators to recommend topics and insights for reporting to Senior Management.
- Support ad hoc reporting and data analysis requests as directed by the Global Head of Compliance Practices.
You’ll Need To Have:
- A Bachelors degree
- A minimum of 7 years* of experience in Compliance, Legal, and/ or Risk Management and familiarity with regulatory frameworks and compliance standards
- Understanding of management information, governance reporting, risk management, internal controls, root cause analysis, financial products and services
- Strong communication skills, with an ability to convey complex information in a clear and concise manner to colleagues at all levels
- A demonstrated ability to analyze data and produce metrics
- Strong project management, and written and oral presentation skills
- Expertise in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and basic knowledge of data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, -Qliksense)
We'd love to see:
- A degree in Business, Finance, Law, Information Management or another related field; Masters or JD a plus
- Experience within banking or financial services or a regulator
- Familiarity with financial markets and products including trading platform and operations
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/what-we-do/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 180,000 - 210,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus