Senior Manager of Communications for Bloomberg Editorial and Research
New York, NY
Posted Aug 19, 2021 - Requisition No. 93411
We are looking for a Senior Manager of Communications for Bloomberg Editorial and Research, based in New York. This is an opportunity to thrive in a multifaceted and sophisticated role, focusing on promoting Bloomberg News content and journalists, as well as business leaders across multiple platforms for our editorial operations. You will work on strategy across Bloomberg News, Bloomberg TV and Radio, live events, and other platforms. We will expect for you to have a firm understanding of business, finance, politics, and technology news. You also should have stellar news instinct and the capacity to jump on breaking news. Ideally, you should have shown success promoting news content. Experience with trade press and crisis communications will also help in succeeding in this role.
We’ll trust you to:
- Work on consumer and trade media strategy for Bloomberg News across a variety of platforms, as well as breaking news outreach
- Work closely with Bloomberg's editorial leadership and journalists on coordinated global communications strategy for various editorial platforms
- Lead relationships with key journalists and partners
- Use your external media contacts across consumer and trade media
- Drive press coverage for Bloomberg Live global events
- Identify speaking engagements for Bloomberg journalists
- Be tech and social media savvy, multi-task, handle volumes of information, work under deadlines and respond to breaking news
- Be a point person for Bloomberg’s broadcast operation
You'll need to have:
- A minimum of 5-8 years of working experience in media relations and/or corporate communications (a background in news/media would be ideal)
- Excellent verbal, editing and writing skills
- Proven relationships with external media contacts
- Experience in crisis communications
- Confirmed experience in partner/relationship management
- A network of industry and press contacts across consumer and trade media
- The ability to work well with senior executives, top business leaders, and newsmakers
- The ability and flexibility to multitask, prioritize, and coordinate multiple projects/tasks concurrently while meeting required deadlines
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.