Senior Manager, Marketing & Audience Development
Bloomberg Media’s overall strategy is to be the leading, next-generation media company for global business by creating a portfolio of digitally-led, multi-platform brands that broaden Bloomberg’s core audience beyond its traditional finance roots, towards global business.
The foundation of this strategy includes Bloomberg Businessweek, Bloomberg.com, and a suite of leading digital products. Bloomberg Media has already achieved strong growth in overall revenue across multiple platforms including TV, digital, radio, and event sponsorships, but a key focus area for 2018 is continuing to scale our audience, engagement and revenue across the portfolio of Media products.
The Consumer Subscription Business, within the Bloomberg Media group, is seeking a proven, highly-motivated marketer to develop and execute innovative strategies to increase awareness and digital audience growth across Businessweek Magazine, Bloomberg.com, Newsletters, Podcasts, Consumer Apps, and Video.
You will work with partners in social media, editorial, analytics, product development, engineering, business development and ad sales to build out our brand, engagement and conversion across platforms. You will achieve audience growth by working on key social platforms; identifying and executing content distribution opportunities; identifying and managing partnership marketing opportunities; creating strategic opportunities to reach relevant audiences at Bloomberg events; managing experiential marketing efforts to build brand buzz, etc. You will work closely with external agencies and internal stakeholders to build thoughtful and effective marketing programs to meet our aggressive business goals.
You must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and be able to balance multiple priorities. You must be a creative, innovative thinker who consistently stays on top of the latest digital trends and brings new “out of the box” ideas to the table.
We’ll trust you to:
- Develop and execute thoughtful strategies to increase audience growth across Bloomberg Media's digital properties through digital best practices for audience acquisition, registration, and retention
- Continuously identify, assess, and prioritize opportunities and campaigns; test new channels and partnerships to expand our brand reach and relevance to new, untapped audiences
- Partner with our social team to develop a robust social media strategy to engage prospects at the top of the funnel and continue to nurture and convert them into paid subscribers
- Develop and implement a thoughtful strategy to expand our presence in key international markets
- Build and optimize effective registration process and CRM to drive conversion of users to newsletter/email subscribers and other digital products
- Lead acquisition and engagement strategies, including creative offers, campaigns and incentives, and working with editorial social media leads, to drive registration, retention, and adoption of new products throughout user lifecycle
- Continuously analyze campaign effectiveness and allocate investment dollars to the highest ROI opportunities
- Collaborate closely with internal stakeholders including technologies, editorial, design, social, etc. to gain support to implement new initiatives
- Adapt, learn quickly and be resourceful
You will need to have:
- 5-7 years of experience in a digital consumer marketing role
- Prior experience creating and implementing disruptive marketing strategies and programs to drive brand differentiation and break through the clutter
- Very strong analytical and quantitative skills with a demonstrated ability to interpret and leverage data to drive decision making
- Experience with campaign tracking, tagging, testing, and marketing analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Omniture, Comscore, Optimizely, Social Flow, etc.
- An understanding of how media is consumed in today’s world and how we can create added value to drive engagement with our products
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills, with the ability to successfully partner with multiple stakeholders
- Strategic thought leadership, and strong communication skills with a comfort in crafting and delivering presentations
- An entrepreneurial mind-set and flexible team player
- Bachelor's Degree required
We’d love to see:
If this sounds like you:
Apply! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.