Senior Marketing Strategy Manager, Digital Subscriptions Business
New York, NY
Posted Jul 15, 2020 - Requisition No. 83909
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg Media's overall strategy is to be the leading, next-generation media company for global business by creating a portfolio of digitally led, multi-platform brands that broaden Bloomberg's core audience beyond its traditional finance roots, towards global business. Bloomberg Digital (Bloomberg.com, Bloomberg News App) is at the centerpiece of that strategy - providing factual, credible, authoritative, lightning-fast journalism for a global business audience.
In May 2018, we launched a paywall on both Bloomberg.com and the app and are quickly working to build a growing paid subscriber base. A key focus area for 2020 is to continue out incredible growth in acquiring and retaining subscribers.
The Consumer Subscription Business, within Bloomberg Media group, is seeking a proven, highly-motivated Senior Marketing Strategy Manager to develop and execute strategies that will drive significant acquisition growth, increase engagement with current subscribers and lead to higher lifetime subscriber value.
You will have a passion for understanding consumers and their motivations with hands on experience leading projects and experience in connecting the dots between data and consumer insights to inform brand and marketing strategies.
We’ll trust you to:
- Identify areas across marketing to enable acquisition growth for the subscriptions business and own end-to-end marketing strategy for digital products
- Develop and execute clear and compelling strategies and ideas to stakeholders grounded in data
- Support the development of marketing and brand campaigns across channels for multiple product initiatives. Tactics might include email, onsite, paid media and partnerships
- Continuously analyze efficiency of strategies and allocate investment dollars to the highest value opportunities; evaluate results in the context of broader business goals, and make recommendations on how to move the business forward
- Engage directly with cross-functional leaders to tackle problems and develop project plans
- Manage and develop strong, collaborative relationships with Business Partners across the organization to ensure marketing initiatives meet business goals
- Develop clear and informative reporting; strategically communicate results and recommendations to leadership
- Provide support to teammates working on other marketing programs and assist in go-to-market planning and execution, including working with marketing managers in London and Hong Kong
You’ll need to have:
- 5+ years of proven experience in a marketing or strategy role
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA preferred
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills, ability to clearly and consistently work side-by-side across functions and departments synthesizing multiple points of view into a coherent action plan with senior leaders
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with a demonstrated ability to interpret and use data to drive decision making
- An understanding of how media is consumed in today’s world and how we can create added value to drive engagement with our products
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to tailor presentations based on audience
- An entrepreneurial mind-set, flexible teammate with a get stuff done attitude and the ability to roll up your sleeves and tackle whatever comes your way
Does this sound like you?
Apply! If we believe you’re a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.