Senior Mobile Engineer - Bloomberg Connects
New York, NY
Posted Sep 29, 2023 - Requisition No. 120547
Driven by the vision of founder Mike Bloomberg, Bloomberg Philanthropies has long been committed to helping make art and culture accessible to all. Bloomberg Connects aims to take advantage of modern technologies to provide users with the highest quality digital arts experience available, accessible anytime, anywhere.
Our Bloomberg Connects mobile team develops, designs and defines a mobile experience for hundreds of arts and cultural partners, and thousands of users around the world. Built on React Native, our app amplifies how users experience cultural works during their visit, or at home, by giving our partners a platform to share their offerings in detailed and creative ways.
We are looking for an experienced Android software engineer to join our team of mobile engineers. With massive platform growth on the horizon, your native Android expertise will have a massive impact on our ability to provide an amazing mobile experience for millions of users around the globe. Additionally there will be lots of opportunities to expand your skills with other web and mobile technologies as our platform continues to grow.
We'll trust you to:
- Become part of an established team containing a diverse mix of engineers, as well as dedicated representatives from UX and Bloomberg Philanthropies, and Marketing
- Be responsible for a highly-diverse technology stack around the Android platform as well as the app's React front-end layer. The role will expose you to a broad set of languages (Kotlin, Java, C++, Typescript, Ruby) and tools, and you'll be able to continue to push the boundaries by exploring new technologies as well as improving existing ones
- Collaborate effectively: you'll work closely with our back-end CMS development team to discuss shared concerns and align technical direction, you'll interact heavily with our philanthropy, marketing and UX colleagues who are colocated with the engineering team
- Continue to foster a culture of sustained, high-quality delivery through collaboration and effective teamwork
You'll need to have:
- 5+ years of professional experience in software development (Pref. Java/Kotlin)
- 2+ years of professional experience building mobile applications (Native Android)
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field/Equivalent Experience
We’d love to see:
- A passion for teaching other people what you know, and mentoring less experienced team members
- Expertise in writing modular and (highly) testable code
- An interest in developing cross-platform applications
- Experience partnering with a diverse set of colleagues
- A drive for learning new things
- An honest approach to problem-solving, and ability to collaborate with peers, stakeholders and management.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 160,000 - 240,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus