Senior Mobile UX Designer
New York, NY
Posted Oct 7, 2022 - Requisition No. 105548
Senior Mobile UX Designer
Bloomberg's UX, Product and Technology teams are committed to creating valuable and meaningful user experiences for our customers, wherever they are -- whether at the desk or on the go.
Bloomberg’s Mobile team is looking for a passionate and dedicated Senior UX Designer. As a UX Lead and expert in mobile design, you’ll be well-positioned to drive innovation, and to help discover and deliver Bloomberg’s next-generation of mobile tools and experiences.
You’ll help to craft mobile strategy, influence priorities and define the mobile context and UX standards for our extensive Mobile Professional offerings. This role will tackle all aspects of the design process from research to ideation to detailed design to prototyping and presenting to internal stakeholders. In addition, you will help lead cross-functional project teams and guide varied product areas across mobile platforms!
This is an outstanding opportunity to shape the future of the most ubiquitous and influential service in the financial space and change expectations for what is possible in the context of mobile and emerging platforms.
We’ll trust you to:
- Envision and craft innovative mobile experiences for the Bloomberg Professional ecosystem of offerings
- Provide mobile UX expertise, build UX tools and guidelines to help broader design, technology and product teams to make better mobile UX choices
- Develop concepts from idea to final design by using a broad designer toolkit, from sketches, storyboards, user scenarios, personas, wireframes to design prototypes, and detailed wireframe specs for mobile platforms (iOS, iPadOS and Android)
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of user research, user workflow and task modeling, mobile interaction design, information architecture, familiarity developing design guidelines and heuristics, and ability to evaluate design concepts
- Quickly and effectively communicate your design ideas and rationale
- Present and build confidence with design artifacts such as user research findings, high-level conceptual design ideas, and detailed design specifications
- Explore and implement innovative approaches that can create new value for a growing mobile design team
- Mentor and inspire newer members of the team
You’ll need to have:
- 3+ years' experience designing native apps for phones and tablets with expertise in platform standards for iOS and Android
- Experience leading design initiatives with large cross-functional teams
- Proficiency in design and rapid prototyping tools like Figma, Sketch and Adobe XD
- Experience working in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Excellent presentation and communications skills
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in HCI, Interaction Design, Information Architecture, Visual
Communication, or any design-related field
Our goal is to see if your problem-solving and interaction design skills are a good fit for Bloomberg. We would like to see artifacts such as: sketches, site maps, task flows, wireframes, storyboards etc. We are most interested in seeing in-depth mobile wireframes, (preferably a deck) illustrating a step-by-step user workflow for a native mobile application.
Please include a link or attachment with two (2) representative native mobile projects when you apply. If you need some other way of showing us your work (either by emailing it, bringing it in person, or through an online real-time screen share), please apply for the role and we'll contact you to make arrangements to view it.
Please do not, without proper consent, share or disclose to Bloomberg any confidential or proprietary information that you may have obtained in connection with employment with any other employer, or which may be considered the Work Product of any other individual or entity.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 160,000 - 210,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus