Senior Network Architect
New York, NY
Posted Mar 22, 2021 - Requisition No. 89691
The Corporate Technology Team is responsible for crafting, deploying, and supporting Bloomberg’s internal IT systems. This includes our global corporate network plus all hardware, software and the enterprise applications used by nearly 21,000 employees in more than 170 state of the art offices around the world. We focus on enterprise solutions, efficiency tools, and IT systems integration which helps move all of Bloomberg's businesses forward.
As a Network Architect you will be responsible for the design and architecture of Bloomberg LP’s Enterprise Campus and Data Center networks globally. You will lead changes in the networking environment, maintaining the overall strategy of the organization. This individual will be responsible for design and engineering of critical network solutions in a complex environment with various business units utilizing multiple vendors and technologies. Our environment consists of data center, campus network (both wired and wireless) and broadcast and media networks.
This role requires ability to develop roadmaps, design principles and internal design standards/processes. This role will require evaluating, testing new networking technologies, maintain high level of interaction with vendors and drive Bloomberg LP’s requirements and feature requests. You will be required to set the strategic direction and will provide leadership to overall architecture of Corporate Technology infrastructure. We will look to you to participate in automation strategy, network security initiatives and developing tools for day 2 support. This role is also responsible for escalated support and managing vendor relationships.
- A Degree or equivalent qualification in computer science, information technology, electrical engineering, telecommunications or related field
You will need to have:
- 10+ years of experience in designing the network infrastructure for large enterprise networks including data centers
- Experience with high end Switching platforms such as Cisco Nexus, Catalyst and Arista Networks
- Experience in designing and deploying SD-WAN technologies
- Experience with Network segmentation, Endpoint security (dot1x) and firewalls (Palo Alto, Checkpoint)
- Knowledge of Access Control and Zero Trust Network models
- Knowledge of F5 Load Balancers (physical and virtual)
- Deep Understanding of various network protocols such as OSPF, BGP, MP-BGP, VRFs, MPLS, EVPN/Vxlan, DSCP/QoS
- High level understanding of Datacenter Virtualization and Network requirements for Hyper-visors, Compute and Storage
- Advanced knowledge of Multicast
- An understanding of Network monitoring, analysis, and management with tools such as DNA -Centre/Assurance/Spaces, Cisco Prime, Solarwinds, Arista Cloudvision , or other Network monitoring tools.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
We'd love to see (pluses):
- Public and Private cloud knowledge
- Python / Ansible and any relevant Network automation experience
- Strong project management skills
- Strong business skills and products knowledge
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.