Senior Network Architect
New York, NY
Posted Aug 18, 2021 - Requisition No. 93372
The Corporate Technology Team is responsible for designing, deploying, and supporting Bloomberg’s internal IT systems. This includes our global corporate network plus all hardware, software and the enterprise applications used by nearly 21,000 employees in more than 170 state of the art offices around the world! We focus on enterprise solutions, efficiency tools, and IT systems integration which helps move all of Bloomberg's businesses forward.
The Senior Network Architect is a hands-on role where you will be responsible for the design and architecture of Bloomberg’s Enterprise Corporate and Data Center networks globally! Our environment consists of multiple data centers, wired and wireless network across 190+ BLP offices
We'll trust you to:
- Own the strategy and develop technology roadmap for Corp Technology.
- Work with internal partners to enable the business and provide best in class solutions.
- Support our ongoing initiatives such as Zero Trust Network, Workplace Agility Program, migration to SaaS, Network automation and coordinate Network security initiatives.
- Be responsible for maintaining high level of interaction with multiple vendors and working closely with them on new features and product development.
- Evaluate and test new products and technologies.
- Implement telemetry tools and establish appropriate metrics needed to monitor and maintain established SLAs.
- Play a lead role in process improvements, automation strategy and tools development for day 2 operation and support.
- Provide advanced support and manage vendor relationships.
You will need to have:
- A Degree or equivalent qualification in computer science, information technology, electrical engineering, telecommunications or related field
- 10+ years of experience in hands on design of network infrastructure for large enterprise networks and data centers
- Experience with high end Switching platforms such as Cisco Nexus, Catalyst and Arista Networks
- Hands on experience with Network segmentation, Endpoint security (dot1x) and firewalls (Palo Alto, Checkpoint)
- Knowledge of Network Access Control and Zero Trust Network models
- Deep Understanding of various network protocols such as OSPF, BGP, MP-BGP, VRFs, MPLS, EVPN/VxLAN, QoS
- High level understanding of Datacenter Virtualization and virtualized workload mobility
- Advanced knowledge of Multicast
- Knowledge of F5 Load Balancers (physical and virtual)
- Python / Ansible and any relevant hands on Network automation experience
- An understanding of Network monitoring, analysis, and management with tools such as DNA Centre/Assurance/Spaces, Cisco Prime, Solarwinds, Arista Cloudvision , or other Network monitoring tools.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
We'd love to see (pluses):
- Public and Private cloud knowledge
- Proven project management skills
- Strong business knowledge and ability to work on planning and budgeting.
- Experience working with Agile/Scrum methodologies
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.