Senior Network Engineer – CFO IT
New York, NY
Posted Aug 30, 2021 - Requisition No. 93744
The newly formed 'Bloomberg CFO IT Group' within Engineering at Bloomberg supports the Finance organization responsible for the General Ledger and production of the financial statements. We are looking for talented IT engineers to seed this organization. This is a unique opportunity to be an early member and shape the direction of the team. We ensure that our IT infrastructure is always running efficiently while meeting the strong data and network security requirements of this domain. Our users rely on our technology to carry out their roles effectively in a fast-paced technology focused company. We collaborate daily with other teams including the broader Bloomberg Security, Network, End Point Technology, Mobile Technology, Service Desk and Technology Infrastructure teams.
We will trust you to:
As a Network Engineer you will be expected to identify and deliver on opportunities for technical and process improvements. Your objectives will be system standardization, security, performance and stability in coordination with the broader Bloomberg team. The automation and tools you will build, integrate and maintain will provide world-class levels of transparency and significant improvements to agility enabling the team to keep pace with rapidly changing business requirements.
You will take ownership of:
Being an integral part of the 24x7 IT team which is responsible for the overall reliability, performance, recoverability, administration and maintenance of the company’s multi-site technology infrastructure
Day-to-day operational management and support of the company’s enterprise class. Candidate is a high-level network technical analyst or administrator who specializes in networks designs, install, configure and support of computer network. Such networks can encompass LANs, WANs and other deployable networks that also involve routers, switches, firewalls, operating systems and security.
You must be able to:
- Independently manage and lead technical projects from requirements gathering through planning, design and implementation
- Complete potentially disruptive work off-hours and on weekends as necessary
- Demonstrate excellent teamwork, negotiation, collaboration, and creative problem solving
- Prove hands-on technical knowledge in configuring and installing various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS)
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning
- Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues
- Implement and maintain standards and processes including rollout, design and support documentation and post implementation operational support
- Participate in a project management, change management/control in a very dynamic and fast-moving technical environment
- Participate in after-hours Technical Support escalations providing technical resolutions as needed
- Design, implement, maintain, and test disaster recovery solutions
We expect you to have:
- 8+ years of IT experience
- Proficiency in the technologies (in addition to those listed above): TCP/IP Networking; OSPF Core implementation
- Routing protocols (e.g., IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.1x, QoS)
- Network Virtualization & Multi-VRF environments
- Security Policy, Vulnerability and Security Risk assessment.
- Microsoft Networking and Microsoft Active Directory
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technology field
We’d love to see:
Hands on working experience with InfoBlox, SolarWinds, Cisco ISE, PaloAlto Global Protect, Qradar, IPFax, Bluecoat Proxy and Proofpoint technologies
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.