Senior Network Security Engineer
New York, NY
Posted Jun 14, 2022 - Requisition No. 104259
The Corporate Technology Team is responsible for crafting, deploying, and supporting Bloomberg’s internal IT systems. This includes our global corporate network plus all hardware, software and the enterprise applications used by nearly 21,000 employees in more than 170 state of the art offices around the world. We focus on enterprise solutions, efficiency tools, and IT systems integration which helps move all of Bloomberg's businesses forward.
Bloomberg enterprise infrastructure space is undergoing major transformation and we are looking for a senior network security engineer to help secure our campus and data center networks. As we move towards a zero-trust network model, you will work on designing and implementing solutions to secure end points, segmentation and other security initiatives. You will use your experience to improve existing security measures and/or come up with new ones while providing a seamless experience to our end-users. You will also evaluate new products, participate in proof of concept testing and make product recommendations. This role also calls for escalated support for all network related problems including routing, switching, data center networking and WiFi. The successful candidate will have the ability to collaborate with teams both internal and external to Corp Tech and take ownership of products and issues. You will also provide training and documentation to operations teams for new products and technologies.
A Degree or equivalent qualification in computer science, information technology, electrical engineering, telecommunications or related field
You will need to have:
- 7+ years of experience in implementing and supporting network infrastructure for large enterprise networks including data centers (financial industry experience a plus)
- Prior experience implementing Network segmentation, experience with firewalls (Palo Alto, Checkpoint) and good understanding of systems and application security
- Hands on Experience with implementation and administration of Network Access Control Solutions such as Forescout or Cisco ISE
- Strong knowledge & experience with F5 load balancers, RADIUS/TACACS
- Hands-on experience with Cisco Nexus and Catalyst Series switches, Arista switches and Spine Leaf network design/implementation
- Deep Understanding of various network protocols and technologies such as OSPF, BGP, MP-BGP, VRFs, multicast, MPLS, VxLAN , BGP/EVPN, 802.1x and RADIUS
- A very good understanding of Network monitoring, analysis, familiarity with tools such as Cisco DNA Center, Cisco Prime, Solar Winds and Arista CloudVision.
- Network automation experience using Ansible, Python, Napalm; or any modern automation tools
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and ability to work independently
We'd love to see (pluses):
- Experience with implementing Cloud connectivity
- Project management skills
- Strong business skills and products knowledge
- SD-WAN experience – support or implementation
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.