Senior People Analytics Specialist
New York, NY
Posted Aug 28, 2021 - Requisition No. 93696
Your friends all know you as someone that is very collaborative, highly analytical, and a problem solver. You work well under pressure and you thrive in a team environment. Discretion is something which comes naturally to you. You find the perfect balance between professional and personable. You're naturally curious, analytical by nature and love finding insights using data.
Our People Analytics team is responsible for providing key people insights to our business. Our insights drive evidence-based decision-making about people and provide in depth understanding about the careers of our employees and the needs of our business.
As the Senior People Analytics Specialist, you’ll collaborate with HR leaders to glean meaningful insights from Bloomberg's workforce data and drive workforce improvements across the business. Through your analytical ingenuity we will help to bring the best talents to Bloomberg, help them grow their careers and elevate their employee experience.
We'll trust you to:
- Provide thought leadership on how to use advanced statistics and machine learning in people analytics to drive meaningful improvement in our large matrix organization
- Synthesize requirements from non-technical stakeholders in day to day communications as well as in presentations
- Use data to inform decision-making and process improvements across our businesses
- Extract meaningful insights from structured and unstructured datasets, informing and improving our people strategy
- Demonstrate technical expertise and fluency in data analysis techniques
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in a quantitative discipline with particular emphasis on data analytics
- 5 or more years of hands on experience on data science and analytics projects within HR
- 5 or more years of experience in People Analytics with a history of driving process improvements using data insights
- Significant experience with SQL and Python, and applying frameworks/libraries (e.g., Numpy, Scipy, Pandas, scikit-learn)
- Significant experience with advanced statistical methods (regression, hypothesis testing, experimental design, etc.)
- Experience with extracting, storing, and analyzing structured and unstructured datasets
- A proven ability to translate data analysis and research findings into digestible, actionable recommendations for teammates in various levels across different departments
- A proactive approach, with an enthusiastic team spirit and strong collaboration skills
You'll need to have:
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.