Senior Physical Security Technology Specialist
New York, NY
Posted May 9, 2022 - Requisition No. 103420
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through teamwork. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do outstanding work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Security Operations is responsible for providing best in class security and protective measures in order to safeguard employees, properties and assets against criminal acts, terrorism, workplace violence, loss and safety concerns. The department is comprised of dedicated professionals with experience in public safety, law enforcement, defense and corporate security.
The Security Operations department is looking for a highly motivated team player to join our Security Technology team. The Physical Security Technology Specialist provides technical support and coordinates administration of physical security systems as well as the oversight and maintenance of those systems. This role requires in-depth technical project management experience and a willingness to learn.
This is an exciting opportunity for a high-performer to take on increased responsibility and help take our security to the next level.
We’ll trust you to:
- Plan, design, test and implement complex integrated and networked access control and video systems.
- Develop project plans, budget and lead projects, including vendor and contractor activities
- Manage multiple and simultaneous projects and re-prioritize for unplanned critical work
- Conduct extensive security system audits and job walks for various types of facilities
- Coordinate the installation of hardware and software and evaluate compatibility, functionality and suitability of completed installations
- Monitor vendor and contractor work on security installation projects to ensure compliance with specifications
- Maintain security systems, hardware and applications
- Investigates, troubleshoots and resolves systems and hardware issues
You’ll need to have:
- Minimum 5-7 years Security Industry experience
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of intrusion detection systems, electronic access control and CCTV/IP video surveillance systems, intercom, visitor management and network devices
- Knowledge networking technologies and information technology principles
- Demonstrated project management experience in both large and small scale projects
- Must be flexible and possess the ability to function in stressful situations
- Excellent time-management, communication, technical writing, presentation, facilitation, and organization skills required
- A dependable team player with business maturity, enthusiasm and a positive attitude
- Experience or certification in C-Cure 9000, Genetec
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.