Senior Designer, Digital Product
New York, NY
Posted Jan 22, 2019 - Requisition No. 73029
Smarter, Faster, and as always - First. That's our philosophy. Bloomberg Media empowers global business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion and proprietary data distributed on every platform, across every time zone. Like our products and solutions- our teams are agile, dynamic, and innovative. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy for which we're known. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We challenge each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in our communities around us too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Bloomberg Media is looking for a Senior Product Designer to help us bring our work to the next level. We work on a wide-ranging global product suite that touches consumers across web, app, OTT and emerging technologies. Your role will be to collaborate with product managers, developers and editors to iterate on our consumer-facing products.
We’re looking for a designer who can advocate for users while helping us meet the goals of our business. You will be user-focused with a strong background in UX that drives engagement and conversion flows that ease friction. Our team works in an iterative model. You can imagine multiple design solutions to a problem and help us test and learn to find the right fit. This role will not focus on the design and art direction of specific stories or pieces of journalism, but rather an opportunity to make our platform as easy for our users as possible.
We'll trust you to:
- Develop concepts from ideation to delivery by using a combination of our existing design language
system, detailed wireframe specs, design and QA.
- Deliver multiple design options to stated business problems and iterate based on business goals and results.
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of state of the art in user research, interaction design, conceptual design, standard methodologies in mobile design, design guidelines and heuristics, and ability to evaluate design concepts.
- Demonstrate proficiency at cross-team collaboration, specifically enabling product managers and developers to deliver the best design for our users and our business.
- Effectively communicate your design ideas and rationale
You'll need to have:
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in design, HCI, interaction design, information architecture, visual communication, or other design-related field.
- 4 or more years of UX design experience
- Experience in several of the following: designing complex user workflows, decision-support systems, large dataset visualizations and framework-level interactions, information architecture, graphic/visual design, usability research/analysis
- A track record of applying common User-Centered Design practices and tools to tackle tough design problems
- Familiarity with Agile and Lean UX methodologies
- Experience in leading design projects.
- Highly proficient in design and rapid prototyping tools like Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop, Proto.io or Invision.
- Experience working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, embedded in cross-functional teams building releasable software.
- Excellent presentation and communications skills.
Our goal is to see if your problem-solving and interaction design skills are a good fit for Bloomberg. We would like to see artifacts such as: delivered product, complete designs, sketches.
Please include a link or attachment with two (2) projects when you apply. If you need some other way of showing us your work (either by emailing it, bringing it in person, or through an online real-time screen share), please apply for the role and we'll contact you to make arrangements to view it.
Please do not, without proper consent, share or disclose to Bloomberg any confidential or proprietary information that you may have obtained in connection with employment with any other employer, or which may be considered the Work Product of any another individual or entity.
Does this sound like you?
Apply! If we believe you’re a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.