Senior Product Designer
New York, NY
Posted Jan 22, 2019 - Requisition No. 73029
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. "Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces." We bring out the best in each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Bloomberg Media’s digital design team is committed to crafting valuable and meaningful user experiences for our customers. We’re looking for an expert Product Designer, to join a small team of user-centered designers helping Bloomberg Media to deliver on a broad reaching and high impact product line.
You’ll be part of the Bloomberg Media team responsible for the design, development and delivery of Bloomberg.com, our consumer mobile app, AppleTV and other platforms. We work as an Agile group covering a variety of user experiences. You’re role will be to define these user experiences and design the accompanying user interfaces working in close collaboration with both product and engineering teams.
The right person will be passionate about balancing the needs of many partners while bringing great design to a fast evolving design language system. You would be working with product managers and developer pods in an agile sprint model. Often design of the site is focused on testing ideas vs creating codified designs. The web team takes a “test & learn” model for all new, and updated, experiences.
We'll trust you to:
- Own the design of the Bloomberg consumer mobile app, end-to-end.
- Develop concepts from idea to delivery by using a combination of our existing design language system, detailed wireframe specs, design and QA.
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of state of the art in user research, mobile interaction design, conceptual design, standard methodologies in mobile design, design guidelines and heuristics, and ability to evaluate design concepts.
- Show skill at cross-team collaboration, specifically enabling product managers and developers to deliver the best design for our users and our business.
- Quickly and effectively communicate your design ideas and rationale
- Present and build confidence around design artifacts such as user research findings, high-level conceptual design ideas, and detailed design specifications.
- Mentor and inspire newer members of the team.
You'll need to have:
- An Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in design, HCI, Interaction Design, Information Architecture, Visual Communication, or other design-related field.
- 4+ years' UX design experience including 2+ years' experience designing native apps for phones and tablets with expertise in platform standards for iOS and Android.
- Experience in several of the following: designing complex user workflows, decision-support systems, large dataset visualizations and framework-level interactions, information architecture, graphic/visual design, usability research/analysis
- A track record of applying common User-Centered Design practices and tools to solve tough design problems
- Familiarity with Agile and Lean UX methodologies
- Experience in leading design projects.
- Highly proficient in design and rapid prototyping tools like Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop, Proto.io or Invision.
- Experience working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, embedded in cross-functional teams building releasable software.
- Excellent presentation and communications skills.
Our goal is to see if your problem-solving and interaction design skills are a good fit for Bloomberg. We would like to see artifacts such as: delivered product, complete designs, sketches.
Please include a link or attachment with two (2) projects (with at least one being native mobile) when you apply. If you need some other way of showing us your work (either by emailing it, bringing it in person, or through an online real-time screen share), please apply for the role and we'll contact you to make arrangements to view it.
Please do not, without proper consent, share or disclose to Bloomberg any confidential or proprietary information that you may have obtained in connection with employment with any other employer, or which may be considered the Work Product of any another individual or entity.
Apply! If we believe you’re a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.