Senior Product Designer
New York, NY
Posted May 6, 2021 - Requisition No. 90585
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from QuickTake to New Economy.
Bloomberg Media is looking for a Senior Product Designer to help us bring our work to the next level. Your role will be to collaborate with product managers, developers, and editors to iterate on our consumer-facing product suite across web, app, OTT, and emerging technologies.
We’re looking for a designer who can advocate for users while helping us meet our editorial mission and business goals. This role will not focus on the art direction of specific editorial stories; rather, it will focus on the digital products that reimagine how our world class editorial can meet users where they are.
We’ll trust you to:
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of information architecture, multi-step, and cross-platform flows across a holistic user experience
- Lead the vision for their product area alongside their product, engineering, editorial, and marketing partners
- Shape their team's roadmap and goals, and speak confidently about how their work relates to broader company objectives
- Employ a broad set of design tools to best solve and communicate user flows, interaction and motion and know which tool to use depending on scope and phase of the project
- Demonstrate and articulate understanding of layout, typography visual hierarchy, and brand
- Use the existing visual frameworks creatively, and introduce new patterns that help strengthen our design system
- Deliver multiple design options for discussion and share work early and often. Likewise, provide regular, direct and impactful feedback with peers
- Partner with User Research and Data Science throughout the design and development process and socialize findings with the rest of the community
- Communicate complex ideas, goals and problems, in person and in documentation, in a way that is accessible even to those unfamiliar with the project
- Lead and direct group design conversations, keeping them on-track and focused on measurable next steps
- Ability to adapt, and be adept at ensuring stakeholders and team partners are all on the same page
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design or other design-related fields
- 4+ years of experience as a digital product designer
- Proficient in design and rapid prototyping tools like Figma, Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop, Proto.io, Invision, HTML/CSS.
- Excellent presentation and communications skills
We’d love to see:
- A portfolio! Please include a link or attachment with at least two projects you’ve worked on that include artifacts such as delivered product, complete designs, sketches, etc.
Does this sound like you?
Apply! If we believe you’re a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.