Senior Product Manager - Enterprise Technology
New York, NY
Posted Jul 26, 2021 - Requisition No. 92668
Financial firms rely on dozens of critical systems to develop and execute strategies, evaluate risk, track P&L, lead sales and trading, and handle settlement. The constant challenge is the complexity of integrating and optimally supervising these systems so that data moves accurately across the enterprise, at higher speeds and with lower costs. That’s where we come in. Bloomberg’s Enterprise Console products provide self-service capabilities to Bloomberg and our customers. Our Enterprise Technology product team is helping Bloomberg to modernize and evolve to meet the demands of our customers and to adapt to market forces.
What’s the Role?
Bloomberg’s Enterprise Technology team is responsible for the development and deployment of the global enterprise connectivity and integration capabilities within Bloomberg. We are seeking a strong, senior-level software Product Manager to join the New York team. As part of this team, you will be responsible for the strategy, execution, and go-to-market of our Enterprise Console products.
Client experience is integral to our Enterprise Console, the centralized interface that gives our customer’s technology and operations teams transparency into every connected system—including Bloomberg, proprietary, and third-party offerings. Users can configure new processes, modify and enrich them with data, and supervise the health of highly coordinated workflows, as well as craft alerts for these processes.
You will work with various partners such as engineering, business partners, client development/advisory boards, and marketing. You will also own the product initiatives for proactive health monitoring of integrated workflows, processes, feeds, and connectivity. You will help build the observability and predictive analytics platforms, as well as, self-service, and automation products as part of a strong technical product team. With your product management expertise, strong technical understanding, and a data-driven approach, you will define what needs to be built to create a comprehensive client experience.
We’ll trust you to:
- Define business and technical standards across multiple business lines and define developmental plans, priorities, and budgets
- Define the vision and product strategy with metrics that advise the success of products
- Defend the product roadmap and work with engineering to take their roadmap to execution
- Handle sophisticated set of competing priorities and influence to get consensus from different partners
- Define the market strategy and launch the product
- Contribute to the strategic future expansions of product offerings
You’ll need to have:
- 7+ years in a Product Management role
- 5+ years in Enterprise SaaS/PaaS Product Management
- Experience with enterprise integration as well as financial data transfer protocols like FIX, SWIFT, MQ, and FTP/SFTP
- Experience improving the observability of high-scale distributed systems
- Experience with data models and data formats (JSON, XML)
- Capital markets and financial technology experience
- Web User Interface development experience, including work with UX teams
- Outstanding project management skills and ability to clearly articulate ideas and garner support for initiatives
- Experience working in a Lean/Agile Product Development environment
- Proficiency presenting to both technical and business audiences, including senior management and large and diverse audiences
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States; you will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
We’d Love to See:
- Software Engineering background or equivalent technical experience
- Web API, Cloud, and Mobile App development experience
- Experience with Python, Jupyter Notebooks, Spark, Flink, microservices, Tensor Flow, Kubernetes, Kafka, Cassandra, and/or RESTful APIs
- Proficiency with the Google suite of applications
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we’re a good match, and we’ll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/product/integration-console/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.