Senior Project Architect
New York, NY
Posted Jan 23, 2018 - Requisition No. 64639
As Bloomberg continues to evolve our innovative workspaces, our Global Design team has an open position for a talented Senior Project Architect based in New York, covering the America’s, reporting into the Global Head of Design. The role offers a unique client-side opportunity and the privilege to work in, and on some of the most unique office fit-outs in the world. You will select and work closely with best-in-class architects practices, to deliver projects with Capital Projects and Facilities managers, as part of a truly global team.
We’ll trust you to:
- Take on Design Management with regional responsibility.
- Maintain a high standard to look and feel of all Bloomberg environments, including where architecture meets MEP, AV, IT and other building systems.
- Support workplace management teams in developing design solutions for business requirements, including drawing production or management of drawing production as required.
- Work with other regional Design leads to continually develop and implement design standards.
- Build and maintain materials and samples library
- Develop standards, photos and digital library
- Travel as required
For Capital Projects, you will be trusted to:
- Design Management of complex external consultant teams consisting of Architects, Engineers and specialists, working closely with Project Management team.
- Ownership of design portion of Capital Delivery including templates and process.
- Ownership of all design consultant design output.
- Ownership of end product of Capital Delivery Process.
- Develop and deliver architectural brief to Architectural teams/consultants based on collection of business and stakeholder requirements.
- Manage the design consultant’s architectural design process from appointment to sign off.
- Implement/utilize global protocols, templates in Capital delivery process.
You need to have:
- Relevant experience as a qualified architect
- Strong professional portfolio of workplace projects and relevant sectors demonstrating individual input
- Knowledge of compliance requirements in the United States
- Organized, and pro-active collaborator
- Articulate communicator, proven and well-developed presentation and interpersonal skills
- Creative problem solving abilities
- Design approach that offers a balance of creative and technical aspects
- A process-oriented approach to carrying out tasks
- A flexible, strategic and able to work effectively under pressure and with sense of urgency
- Experience in architectural design including MEP and complex technical building systems, with a focus on interiors
- An understanding of trends, and history of architectural design, furniture, materials
- High standards of personal and professional integrity
- Software: AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe and Office packages at a minimum
** Must submit portfolio in PDF or website link showing a variety of samples of personal and professional work, to be considered
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.