Senior Project Manager- Design & Construction
New York, NY
Posted Jul 28, 2022 - Requisition No. 105905
Bloomberg Americas Capital Project team is seeking a Senior Project Manager to support the firm’s capital projects and improvements undertaken across various locations and offices throughout the Americas region!
The RoleThe senior project manager (Sr. PM) will have full responsibility and ownership of the projects assigned! You will develop scopes, schedules, and budgets working closely with assigned resources and will set the direction and structure for a successful project. The Sr. PM will need to build strong relationships with the broad project team starting with internal Bloomberg partners: design, facilities, hospitality, InfoSys, etc. and extending to the external consultants and team members. Equally important, the Sr. PM will be responsible for ensuring the governance and protocols are understood and utilized throughout the lifecycle of the project including management and reporting of finance, schedule and risk status.
We’ll trust you to:
- Provide strong leadership to the internal and external design and construction project team
- Coordinate with partners to understand the fundamental requirements of each project – this will include real estate, design, facilities, infrastructure, IT/Comm, security and procurement groups
- Coordinate and handle the development of scope narratives, budgets and schedules that will used to define a project and acquire management approvals
- Coordinate with procurement to engage all necessary consultants – this includes architects, engineers, cost manager, external project managers, general contractors, and construction managers
- Ensure BLP governance and policy is rigorously followed throughout the life of the project
- Coordinate and manage all meetings including effectiveness, time management, and documentation management. Ensure all meetings are recorded
- Manage all project costs, budget development and cost tracking to ensure project remains within budget. Make decisions or escalate decisions to ensure project budget is maintained
- Ensure development and tracking of project baseline critical path schedule is managed and adhered to
- Coordinate and manage the construction administration phase to ensure project and contract requirements are being met E.g. RFIs, submittals, change orders, field reports, etc.
- Develop and assist with all monthly project reporting. Sign off on all financial project reports, invoices, and similar documents
- A Technical degree in architecture, engineering, design, construction management or similar.
- A Minimum of 7-10 years experience in leading projects of increasing size and complexity and have demonstrated single point of ownership and responsibility for those projects.
- Financial project management and governance experience of projects greater than $10MM
- Experience in design and construction phases of a project including time on site under different stages of construction.
- A broad understanding and depth of knowledge across the various subject areas and topics encountered on an office design and construction project.
- Experience with reading drawings and specifications including architectural, structural, MEP, and IT/Comm.
- Experience in establishing contracts for consulting and construction services. Understanding of the various contracting methods and right applications for each method.
- Understanding of roles and responsibilities as typically set forth in the industry by AIA, EJCDC, construction contracts and similar.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent understanding of project management methods and procedures for schedule and budget management.
- Ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously and provide direction to external team members
You will need to have:
We’d love to see:
- Licensed architect or engineer.
- PMP Accreditation
- Experience with corporate governance and reporting requirements.
- Experience and knowledge of eBuilder or comparable project management software.
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.