Senior Python Software Engineer - Security
New York, NY
Posted Jun 13, 2023 - Requisition No. 117017
We protect Bloomberg.
As part of the Chief Information Security Office - our Security Data Science team is dedicated to identifying, researching, and solving complex information security problems using a data-centric approach.
Working closely with the other security and risk teams - we collect, process, and analyze data generated throughout the company to find new approaches to take on hard security challenges.
What's the Role:
As a Python Software Engineer, you will help design and build applications leveraging our existing data science platforms while collaborating closely with the rest of the team on the data science research and development projects.
We'll Trust You To:
- Identify and think about hard to solve information security problems
- Perform your own exploration and research to understand, describe, and analyze data
- Collaborate closely with the other security and risk teams to identify opportunities to increase value
- Work on full stack solutions: writing the code to collect the data, process it, serve it via the API, and visualize it in the UI
You'll Need To Have:
- 5+ years of development experience
- Python programming skills, beyond basic syntax, with an understanding of what it takes to write high quality code
- Strong problem solving skills, initiative, and attention to detail
- Good conceptual knowledge of probability and statistics
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, and collaborative environment with minimum supervision
- An interest in Information Security, software development, UI/UX, data science, and learning new technologies
We'd Love To See:
- A passion for designing and building software to help solve problems
- Familiarity/interest in learning our technology stack:
- Python (flask, celery, object-oriented programming)
- Experience working with graph data
- Apache, PostgreSQL, SOLR, Docker
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 145,000 - 175,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus