Senior Quantitative Developer - BQuant Research Platform
New York, NY
Posted Sep 27, 2022 - Requisition No. 102663
BQuant is Bloomberg’s cutting edge financial research and data science platform. With the tremendous growth of market data and the increasing sophistication of machine learning and quantitative methods, finance is quickly becoming a business where only the best capitalized firms can compete. BQuant’s mission is to change that, by empowering researchers and investment decision makers around the world with the sophisticated tools that are currently only available to the largest investment firms.
Our team is developing a suite of new, cloud-native products for systematic and quantamental investment workflows. We are designing these products to scale to a broad and diverse client base of hedge funds, asset managers and investment banks who need to run decades-long backtests of complex strategies that depend on traditional and cross-asset signals, alternative data and machine learning techniques. We seamlessly integrate with Bloomberg’s massive troves of high quality market data, and make use of a modern technology stack which includes both in-house solutions and open-source packages such as Pandas, PySpark, Scikit learn and PyTorch. We are looking for a senior quantitative developer with experience in quantitative investing to help drive this effort. You will be responsible for all aspects of the development process, from model building and signal generation to software design and implementation. This is a fantastic opportunity for an entrepreneurial individual to join a growing team, to apply open-source technology at scale, and to help shape a strategic product with industry-wide impact.
See what people are saying about BQuant:
- Bloomberg founder, Mike Bloomberg: https://tinyurl.com/mike-bquant
- Bloomberg CTO, Shawn Edwards: https://tinyurl.com/shawn-bquant
- Bloomberg tech blog: https://tinyurl.com/bquant-platform
We’ll trust you to:
- Develop a modular framework for implementing and evaluating systematic trading strategies, including signal generation, portfolio construction and backtesting.
- Develop analytic tools for conducting event studies and researching economic regimes and market scenarios.
- Develop a library of alpha and risk factors across multiple asset classes.
- Work hand-in-hand with quantitative researchers to prototype and iterate on new product ideas.
You’ll need to have:
- Broad experience developing software for quantitative investment workflows in equities, fixed income or multi-asset strategies.
- Experience working with large financial datasets, in time series or other structures.
- The ability to work cross-functionally with software engineers, quant researchers and product managers.
- 5+ years of experience as a quantitative developer writing production-quality Python at financial technology firms.
- A Bachelor, Masters or PhD in a quantitative field, such as computer science, computational finance, financial engineering or mathematics.
We’d love to see:
- Prior buy side experience as a quantitative developer or software developer.
- Financial domain knowledge in multiple asset classes.
- Prior production-level experience with Python’s numerical and machine learning packages.
- Prior experience working closely with front office teams.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 160,000 - 240,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus