Senior Quantitative Developer- BQuant
New York, NY
Posted May 13, 2022 - Requisition No. 102663
BQuant is Bloomberg’s cutting edge financial research and data science platform. With the tremendous growth of market data and the increasing sophistication of machine learning and quantitative methods, finance is quickly becoming a business where only the best capitalized firms can compete. BQuant’s mission is to change that by empowering researchers and investment decision makers around the world with the sophisticated tools that are currently only available to the largest investment firms.
We are looking for an experienced quantitative developer to join a growing team. The focus of our team is on prototyping and developing a new suite of capabilities for quantitative research, portfolio implementation and trading strategies across asset classes. We have an inclusive and collegial culture, with a strong emphasis on continuous learning and code ownership. The work we do here is never boring, and we collaborate very closely with our experienced research and product management teams to build great products for our clients. This is a fantastic opportunity for an entrepreneurial individual to work on a high-impact, strategic product, and to help build a strong team.
See what people are saying about BQuant:
- Mike Bloomberg: https://www.linkedin.com/posts/mikebloomberg_starting-today-were-making-it-even-easier-activity-6849087317139853312-CAOZ
- Bloomberg CTO, Shawn Edwards: https://thestack.technology/bloomberg-cto-shawn-edwards-interview/
- Tech at Bloomberg: https://www.techatbloomberg.com/blog/bquant-behind-the-scenes-how-bloomberg-leveled-the-playing-field-for-quantitative-analysis-in-finance/
We’ll trust you to:
- Design and implement a modular framework for quantitative investment workflows from data ingestion to signal generation, portfolio construction and portfolio implementation.
- Design and implement systems for ingesting, transforming and storing data from various Bloomberg-owned and external sources.
- Own the software development lifecycle, from design and implementation through production deployment and monitoring.
- Work hand-in-hand with quantitative researchers to prototype and iterate on new product ideas.
You’ll need to have:
- Broad experience developing software solutions for quantitative investment workflows in equities, fixed income or multi-asset strategies.
- Experience working with large datasets, in time series or other structures.
- The ability to work cross-functionally with software engineers, quant researchers and product managers.
- 5+ years of experience as a quantitative developer at investment firms or financial technology firms.
- 5+ years of experience writing production-quality Python, including type hints.
- A Bachelor, Masters or PhD in a quantitative field, such as computer science, computational finance, physics, mathematics or engineering.
We’d love to see:
- Prior buy side experience as a quantitative developer or software engineer.
- Financial domain knowledge in multiple asset classes.
- Prior production-level experience with Python’s numerical stack.
- Strong foundation of statistical and quantitative skills.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com