Senior Quantitative Product Researcher
New York, NY
Posted Dec 13, 2022 - Requisition No. 112352
Bloomberg's Enterprise Data department develops data offerings that are considered outstanding by the capital markets community. Across real-time market data, reference data, historical pricing data, and analytics we offer:
- The most comprehensive and highest quality content in the industry
- Distribution platforms that are flexible, reliable, fast, and easy to onboard
- Easy to use data that is ready for analysis
- Develop prototypes of data-driven products and solutions and be responsible for the outcome throughout user interviews, acquiring feedback, and rapid prototyping
- Work with Bloomberg product and sales teams to uncover new opportunities for potential products
- Work with the quant research team on prototypes that require a deeper level of machine learning expertise
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product teams on prototype deployments
- Stay up-to-date with innovations and industry trends in data science and financial data
These datasets serve as the primary sources of information across the front, middle, and back offices at the most respected capital markets firms across the globe.
Workflows in capital markets are changing rapidly as firms adopt new data-centric approaches to meet demands from clients, requirements from regulators, and challenges from competitors. Bloomberg’s Enterprise Data wants to help clients achieve all of this by developing new and innovative solutions that synthesize our big datasets, quantitative research expertise, and knowledge of client needs. These products will move the value proposition beyond the traditional data most commonly used across the enterprise today.
You will help Bloomberg and our clients achieve new levels of success. As a trusted innovation specialist, the Quantitative Product Researcher will uncover opportunities to develop the next generation of products and services and lead the development process from end to end. The ideal candidate will have experience in user-centric product development, programming skills, a solid understanding of machine learning, and the ability to communicate effectively (in both directions) with a wide variety of partners.
We'll trust you to:
You’ll need to have:
- 5+ years of experience
- Knowledge of financial markets and common use cases of data products
- Solid programming skills in Python and experience developing end-to-end software solutions
- Ability to apply standard machine learning techniques to practical problems
- Experience in crafting documentation and presenting to a technical and non-technical audience
- Entrepreneurial attitude and ability to own and lead projects
We’d love to see:
- Deep understand of quantitative trading workflows
- Experience applying machine learning to financial modeling problems
- Experience in prototyping and product development
- Advanced degree in a quantitative subject area
- Knowledge of AWS, GCP, and/or Azure data science and machine learning services
- Experience with tools and frameworks enabling large-scale data analysis (e.g Spark)
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide, but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills crucial for the role.
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/careers/working-here/?utm_medium=Adwords&utm_source=pdsrch&utm_content=careers&tactic=434671&gclid=CjwKCAjw4cZBhAEEiwAZ105Rd8aiSFnXGQm3fYCYQYLum3RawLWHcO7tMIu9R_8i-Z3W9YA0Wp_hBoC_kAQAvD_BwE
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 160,000 - 250,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus