Senior Recruiter - Bloomberg Media
New York, NY
Posted Jun 21, 2021 - Requisition No. 91619
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other and collaboration is crucial for our team's success. And through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do outstanding work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Bloomberg Media’s mission is to empower business leaders and our brand partners by inventing the solutions, knowledge and connections they need to thrive in a transforming world. We do this through deep, smart, global reporting of the world of business, powered by unmatched data and the world’s largest newsroom. Our brands and platforms include: Bloomberg Quicktake, Bloomberg Businessweek, Bloomberg New Economy, Bloomberg Live, Bloomberg Green, Bloomberg Wealth, Bloomberg CityLab, Bloomberg Technology, Bloomberg Markets, Bloomberg Pursuits, Bloomberg Opinion, Bloomberg Politics, Bloomberg Podcasts, Bloomberg Radio and Bloomberg television.
Who you are:
You are an energetic, commercial, creative and collaborative recruiter who believes that talent is the fuel that makes the business world go around. You don’t just transact but offer strategic advice, well thought out sourcing strategies and key market insights at every step of the recruiting process. You are not shy when it comes to building an external network, and you understand the importance of investment in collaborating with your clients to help find and select the best and brightest diverse talent. You’re a natural connector. You bring a deep commitment to building an inclusive workforce, person-by-person and team by team.
What you'll do:
You’ll manage the full recruitment life-cycle for our globally renowned Media business across the United States. You’ll be responsible for finding the best talent across a diverse slate of professionals, from sales to TV & Radio and digital media strategy and events. Out of the gate, you’ll foster relationships with hiring leaders, ensure a smooth recruiting process and establish an outstanding candidate experience against a strategy tightly aligned with Bloomberg Media’s business strategy.
Our Media business moves fast and we want someone who can match their pace. We want someone who can apply their experience to build and proactively develop relationships with external talent, manage the flow of candidates and successfully increase the diversity of our recruitment funnel through strategic sourcing, vacancy marketing, networking and brand building. In order to do this, you’ll need to be agile, resourceful, strategic and demonstrate your ability to pivot across ever-changing priorities. You’ll need to quickly build an in-depth knowledge of the range of vacancies, understanding of the businesses and provide a platinum service to stakeholders and candidates.
We’ll trust you to:
- Fully understand the needs of your respective hiring managers’ and collaborate with them to manage the full lifecycle recruitment process for mid-to-senior level hires across Bloomberg’s business functions
- Think creatively to develop non-traditional talent sourcing strategies to aid specific business strategic initiatives
- Source candidates directly through internal and external industry networking, direct head hunting and various online recruiting tool
- Partner with academic and diversity organizations to improve and enhance our recruitment strategy
- Manage the recruitment process including; reviewing CVs and assessing candidate expertise via face-to-face meetings and phone calls
- Stay in tune with external market factors affecting talent, as well as new best practices/trends affecting recruiting
- Work on ad hoc projects as required for the benefit of the global news/media/research recruitment team
- Represent the Bloomberg brand in every interaction
You’ll need to have:
- A strong understanding of the recruitment process
- Extensive experience recruiting in the media industry
- Well-developed critical thinking skills and strategic mind-set
- Experience in using external networking tools and job sites
- Proven behavioural interviewing skills and candidate assessment techniques
- Ability to capture and organise candidate and competitor data in a way that can be used most effectively
- Ability to execute on assignments and the aptitude to make decisions independently with limited information
- Demonstrated passion, compassion, and the ability to take ownership
We’d love to see:
- Evidence of not only knowing your way around state-of-the art recruiting methods and sourcing strategies, but having a couple of innovative tricks up your sleeve
- Track record of success in sourcing diverse candidates through community groups and events, and working with non-profit and external partner organizations
- A track record in mapping new markets and producing competitor intelligence reports
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.