Senior Recruiter - Product
New York, NY
Posted Apr 18, 2022 - Requisition No. 102622
Senior Recruiter - Product
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. And through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Who you are:
You are an energetic, commercial, creative and collaborative recruiter who believes that talent is the fuel that makes the business world go around. You know the financial services landscape and just how critical it is to find the right thinkers, doers, analysts, product managers, leaders and innovative talent in order to compete in a marketplace of emergent platforms, products and personalities. You’re someone who can quickly foster relationships with hiring leaders, ensure a smooth recruiting process and establish an outstanding candidate experience against a strategy tightly aligned with Bloomberg’s business strategy.
We are a creative and forward-thinking team, working collaboratively to drive commercial results through talent acquisition. In this role, you will be part of the Product Recruitment team, which hires for our Enterprise Data, Core Product and Enterprise Product departments. The Product group at Bloomberg is responsible for brainstorming, building and implementing the tools our clients use to navigate the markets. They partner closely with our Engineering team to determine what should be developed and have a deep expertise in the financial markets and various asset classes.
We’ll trust you to:
- Fully understand the needs of your respective hiring managers’ and collaborate with them to manage the full lifecycle recruitment process for mid-to-senior level hires across Bloomberg’s business functions
- Source candidates directly through both internal and external industry networking events and various online recruiting tools
- Manage and review resumes, schedule, interview, negotiate offers/close candidates, transition candidates to onboarding team. Provide continuous feedback to candidates, hiring managers and other stakeholders
- Team up with HR business partners, immigration, relocation, and other colleagues to seamlessly hire top candidates
- Stay on top of market trends affecting the various groups across Financial Products, as well as employment trends, advising the business on marketplace trends
- Represent the Bloomberg brand in every interaction and ensure that each candidate has an excellent, high-touch interview experience
You’ll need to have:
- 4 years+ of Product recruiting experience, including successful recruitment of experienced professionals in an agency/search firm or corporate environment
- General understanding of various asset classes and how they differ from each other
- The ability to execute on assignments and the aptitude to make decisions independently with limited information
- Strong relationship management and negotiation skills, a consultative approach and the ability to influence multiple constituents without direct authority and effectively network within a heavily-matrixed organization
We’d love to see:
- Not only do you know your way around state-of-the art recruiting methods and sourcing strategies, you have a couple of innovative tricks up your sleeve
- You organize and present to stakeholders and execs with ease
- You understand what finance people are about and what kinds of roles they play and aspire to – in fact, we’d love it if you already know a bunch of these folks
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.