New York, NY
Posted May 2, 2022 - Requisition No. 103129
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other and collaboration is key to our success. And through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Who you are:
You are an energetic, commercial, creative and collaborative recruiter who believes that talent is the fuel that makes the business world go around. You don’t just transact but inject advice, well thought out sourcing strategies and key market insights at every step of the recruiting process. You aren't shy when it comes to building an external network, and you understand the importance of investment in partnering with your clients to help find and select the best and brightest diverse talent. You’re a natural connector. You bring a deep dedication to building an inclusive workforce, person by person and team by team.
What you'll do:
You will manage full life-cycle recruitment for open roles across Bloomberg’s Corporate Functions; with specific alignment to the Finance business line. You'll be responsible for finding the best talent for roles across the finance and accounting function, from financial analysts to accountants to compensation experts. Out of the gate, you’ll cultivate relationships with hiring leaders to ensure a smooth recruiting process and establish an outstanding candidate experience against a strategy tightly aligned with Bloomberg’s company strategy and values.
We’ll trust you to:
- Fully understand the needs of your respective hiring managers’ and collaborate with them to lead the full lifecycle recruitment process for mid-to-senior level hires across Bloomberg’s finance function
- Source candidates directly through both internal and external industry networking events and various online recruiting tools
- Lead all aspects of the hiring process; not limited to reviewing resumes, phone interviewing, handling feedback, offer negotiations/close, and on-boarding
- Provide continuous feedback to candidates, hiring managers and other partners
- Team up with HR business partners, immigration, relocation, and other folks to quickly get the best candidates in and productive
- Appreciate the challenge of placing hard-to-find talent, innovate around our hiring processes and outreach to ensure we are attracting the best of the best
- Counsel the business on market trends for finance & accounting professionals as well as overarching employment trends
- Partner with academic and diversity organizations to improve and enhance our recruitment strategy
- Write compelling and persuasive job descriptions…like this one!
- Represent the Bloomberg brand in every interaction
You’ll need to have:
- 5+ years of recruiting experience, including successful recruitment of experienced finance professionals in an agency/search firm or corporate environment
- The ability to execute on assignments and the skills to make decisions independently with limited information
- Exceptional relationship management and negotiation skills, a consultative approach and the ability to influence multiple constituents without direct authority and effectively network within a heavily-matrixed organization
- Proven behavioral interviewing skills and candidate assessment techniques
- Experience using applicant tracking systems, human resources information systems, and other recruiting-related applications
- Demonstrated passion, compassion, and the ability to lead by example
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
We’d love to see:
- Not only do you know your way around state-of-the art recruiting methods and sourcing strategies, you have a couple of innovative tricks up your sleeve
- You coordinate and present to partners and execs with ease
- You understand what finance people are about and what kinds of roles they play and aspire to
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.