Senior Risk Data Analyst - First Line of Defense Control Framework
New York, NY
Posted Dec 18, 2023 - Requisition No. 122261
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
What’s the role?
Robust risk management is an ongoing point of differentiation and strength for Bloomberg as the expectations of regulators, clients, and other external stakeholders continue to evolve. We are looking for a Senior Risk Analyst who will develop a deep understanding of our products and services, our strategy and our value drivers and be able to analyze and understand the inherent risks within our processes.
The Senior Risk Analyst will be accountable to perform detailed analytics work in an independent fashion and help identify risks to support make fact-based decisions across multiple firm wide initiatives and risk programs. Your analysis and findings will be crucial to the continued improvement of our businesses processes and management. This position will be key to the identification, remediation and ongoing monitoring of existing as well as new emerging risks.
We’ll trust you to:
- Be responsible for collecting, aggregating and analyzing large, complex and varied data sets
- Clearly quantify the potential negative effects of risk-related activities
- Automate data dashboards, reports, non-value adding workflows to advance the long-term control agenda
- Have the technical skills to develop and create the suitable data visualizations and/or reports
- Suggest and participate in IT projects, offering skills and insights in an effort to bring value to the organization by leveraging our technological and reporting infrastructure
- Perform analysis to support the design, implementation, and improvement of Control Framework tools and systems
- Be responsible for analyzing and communicating information in a concise, strategic and accurate manner
- Be a thought-leader and team player on the subject of Risk Analytics and Controls
- Demonstrate the ability to work with multiple cross-functional internal customers to ensure timely resolution of data issues and problems
- Be responsible for following up on deadlines to ensure deliverables are completed in a timely fashion
- Develop a deep understanding of existing workflows, technologies, priorities and practices
- Work with cross-functional teams to document the most critical processes, gaps and areas of heightened risk
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with those across the broader risk management agenda including product, risk management, legal and compliance and internal audit
- Work with Senior Management and the Product team to assess appetite for risk and provide recommendations accordingly and develop methodology for measurement of risk
- Effectively communicate and get buy-in from all stakeholders to ensure appropriate solutions are adopted and risks reduced
- Serve as an escalation for risks and issues
- Monitor emerging industry trends, regulatory changes and technology advancements to proactively improve our analytical and solutions capabilities
You’ll need to have:
- 8+ years of experience in the controls and risk space
- Experience working with and analyzing large data sets, with demonstrated exposure to Financial Services, Trading or Compliance risks
- Ability to interact and elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including management and multiple internal stakeholders across departments
- Ability to make/recommend decisions on limited information
- Ability to influence and drive timely decisions at all levels of the organization and across multiple functional groups
- Enthusiasm, be self-motivated, and an ability to work well under pressure and meet critical deadlines
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to influence and motivate others
- Technical skills to develop and create tracking and data reporting tools / reports e.g., Alteryx, QLIK Sense
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/what-we-do/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 175,000 - 200,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus