Senior Risk Manager
New York, NY
Posted Mar 3, 2022 - Requisition No. 92610
Bloomberg recognizes risk-taking as a fundamental characteristic of the company’s culture. Bloomberg has designed and adopted a robust risk management program across the organization that is aligned to business objectives and industry best practices and embedded into the day-to-day business activities to promote innovation that falls within the risk culture. Reporting directly to the CRO the Bloomberg's Risk Management (BRM) team is responsible for the design and implementation of the risk management program across Bloomberg LP. The BRM team assists departments in identifying potential events and managing associated risks that may affect the company’s operations, reputation and / or strategic plans.
The key principles governing the program are:
- to embed risk management within day-to-day business processes;
- improve awareness of risk culture across the organization; and
- to implement effective monitoring, reporting and escalation of risk information.
- Promote the benefits and strategic vision associated with our risk management program.
- Apply and implement our risk management framework across your coverage areas.
- Be responsible for the successful completion of a portfolio of highly visible risk and controls reviews and initiatives.
- Step into the fast-paced day-to-day business environment and understand the objectives of the business and exiting processes.
- Map out processes and identify key dependencies, risks, controls, and issues as well as rank them based on impact and probability. You will mine and analyze data and link them to processes and risks to substantiate the risk profile of the businesses.
- Assist the business in establishing risk appetite and tolerance and monitoring against them.
- Establish and maintain strong business relationships at all levels.
- Work on the application and evolution of Bloomberg best practices and risk management framework.
- Come up with innovative ways to enhance our systems and to make our data-related processes more efficient, accurate and timely.
- 7+ years of experience in Risk Management (includes compliance, operational risk, audit, IT system security, business and IT process management)
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Information Systems, or related discipline
- Solid understanding of risk management frameworks, such as COSO.
- Prior experience in working in both a 1LoD and 2LoD capacity.
- Solid understanding of information technology concepts and operations
- Excellent time management skills and ability to deliver work on assigned schedules
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills to act decisively and independently to resolve complex issues.
- Ability to simplify difficult concepts and challenges and communicate them.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to communicate and work effectively with all levels.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, and effective under pressure
- Strong leadership skills to guide organizational change and partner with both senior management and staff
As a Risk Manager on our Risk Coverage team, you will closely partner with our internal businesses and enterprise shared services. You will conduct risk activities risk assessments to identify, assess, measure, and document key risks. In addition, you will be responsible for identifying and testing that appropriate controls are designed, implemented, and operating effectively to mitigate the risk. Furthermore, you will be responsible for presenting results to top management including any identified issues requiring mitigation and recommendations.
Management will depend on you to provide them the information and intelligence needed to take informed and calculated risk and make recommendations on methods for risk mitigation.
We'll trust you to:
You’ll Need to Have:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.