Senior Risk Specialist
New York, NY
Posted Oct 11, 2022 - Requisition No. 110220
Bloomberg recognizes risk-taking as a fundamental characteristic of the company’s culture. Bloomberg has designed and adopted a robust risk management program across the organization that is aligned to business objectives and industry best practices and embedded into the day-to-day business activities to promote innovation that falls within the risk culture. Reporting directly to the CRO, the Bloomberg's Risk Management (BRM) team is responsible for the design and implementation of the risk management program across Bloomberg LP. The BRM team assists departments in identifying potential events and managing associated risks that may affect the company’s operations, reputation and / or strategic plans.
The key principles governing the program are:
- To embed risk management within day-to-day business processes.
- Improve awareness of risk culture across the organization; and
- To implement effective monitoring, reporting and escalation of risk information.
The ideal candidate will closely partner with key stakeholders and support the implementation and embedding of the ERM framework across their business lines. You will focus on increasing awareness on operational risk by providing continued education and training at all levels. You will be responsible for conducting data driven risk activities such as risk assessments, process deep dives, risk reporting, and scenario analysis. You will develop and enhance data-driven key risk indicators and key performance indicators that provide real time and meaningful insights into the risk and performance trends. Management will depend on you to provide them with the information and intelligence needed to take informed and calculated risk and make recommendations on methods for risk mitigation.
We'll trust you to:
- Support the company’s adherence to regulatory requirements and expectations specifically with regard to operational risk and resilience
- Be responsible for the successful completion of a portfolio of highly visible risk and controls reviews and initiatives.
- Step into the fast-paced day-to-day business environment and understand the objectives of the business and exiting processes.
- Map out processes and identify key dependencies, risks, controls, and issues as well as rank them based on impact and probability.
- Participate in the Incident Management process, providing support to the Business lines in ensuring the right actions are in place to avoid future re-occurrences.
- You will mine and analyze data and link them to processes and risks to substantiate the risk profile of the businesses.
- Assist the business in establishing risk appetite and tolerance and monitoring against them.
- Establish and maintain strong business relationships at all levels. - Work on the application and evolution of Bloomberg best practices and risk management framework.
You’ll need to have:
- 15+ years of experience in Risk Management (includes compliance, operational risk, IT system security, business and IT process management)
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Finance, Economics, Information Systems, or related discipline
- Demonstrable intellectual curiosity through professional training, advanced degree or professional impact
- Solid understanding of risk management frameworks, such as COSO.
- Solid understanding of Trading Workflows.
- Prior experience in working in both a 1LoD and 2LoD capacity.
- Self-starter, with the ability to work independently with minimal guidance and a positive work attitude.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to deliver work on assigned schedules
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills to act decisively and independently to resolve complex issues.
- Ability to simplify difficult concepts and challenges and communicate them.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to communicate and work effectively with all levels.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, and effective under pressure
- Strong leadership skills to guide organizational change and partner with both senior management and staff
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 130,000 - 180,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus