The engineers in the Systems Infrastructure department build the low-level infrastructure and applications that support thousands of applications on the Bloomberg Terminal. Our clients are thousands of Engineers at Bloomberg, so the appreciation and downstream impact of our work is huge. We are designing and developing common infrastructure that's high-performance, contains relevant telemetry/metrics and is designed to be offered as a "batteries included" service to other developers.
With thousands of engineers and applications relying on our solutions, it's imperative every piece of code we put into production is stable, reliable, and scalable. That's where you come in.
We're calling this new position "SDLC Operations Engineer". Your mission? To ensure the proper planning, implementation, testing, documentation, deployment and ongoing maintenance of infrastructure software is consistent between the various groups within Systems Infrastructure.
We'll trust you to:
- Automate manual, repeatable processes
- Provide oversight, standardization and validation of developed software to ensure proper testing and regression testing is followed
- Design, create and maintain a comprehensive set of documentation and best practices for all Systems Infrastructure groups to follow
- Review, recommend and implement suggestions to existing documentation on release processes
- Act as escalation point for troubleshooting application issues--- soon we'll have tools for transparency that mitigate further risk when problems are identified
- Work closely with application and department managers to prioritize existing projects for deployment
- Work closely with technical team members and management to recommend solutions to previous outages and existing ongoing issues
You'll need to have:
- 3+ years of experience working with Linux/Unix Operating Systems, Shell Scripting, Python/Perl Programming, and C++ in a medium to large scale enterprise environment
- 3+ years of experience designing and performing changes to production using change management software and technologies
- Experience identifying/documenting operational efficiency processes and standards
- Experience automating repeatable processes
- Familiarity with source control management tools such as Git
- Familiarity with Automation tools for testing and deploying new and existing code such as Jenkins, Bamboo, Travis CI
- Strong analytical Skills
- A working knowledge and understanding of networking
- The ability to work and multitask in a fast paced environment
- The ability to receive and execute on work received from a variety of ticketing systems independently
- An eagerness to initiate/enhance communication and collaboration with cross functional teams within the organization
We'd love to see:
- Experience building data or analytics infrastructure of any kind
- Web Development using React, Angular and NodeJS
- Open source contributions and community evangelism of any sort
If this sounds like you, apply!