Senior Sales Specialist
New York, NY
Posted May 30, 2019 - Requisition No. 75345
Bloomberg PolarLake delivers the world’s foremost Data Utility to the Financial Markets. Our clients experience immediate improvement in Data Quality, Operational Process & Control, Reaction to Change and Data Governance when they on-board to our Private Cloud - Hosted Service.
Why Bloomberg PolarLake?
At Bloomberg Polarlake, we are passionate about people who are excited by innovation, who care about our customers and want to help us achieve our mission to “Simplify Data Management”. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
What's the role?
Success is what we achieve together; we’re looking for a talented, experienced sales person to join our team.
You’ll be someone with a proven track record of enterprise selling in the financial services industry. You’ll have the vision and domain expertise to build successful sales strategies so that we capitalise on the opportunities in front of us. You’ll be ready to step up and make your mark.
You'll be responsible for sales of the Bloomberg PolarLake Data Management Utility. You'll work closely with clients and prospects to build deep relationships, gain a clear understanding of their business needs, and provide consultative solutions to build stronger relationships.
You'll need to demonstrate credibility with a proven competency and knowledge of enterprise selling across buy side firms. You’ll have a really deep understanding of the flow of data around a financial organization, who uses it and what for.
You'll be a good listener, and be able to demonstrate a genuine interest in our clients.
We'll trust you to:
- Manage the Enterprise sales engagement smoothly from beginning to end.
- Leverage market, product and technical expertise to identify client needs.
- Produce clear, concise proposals with an appropriate level of detail that identify client needs, current workflows, proposed solutions and commercials.
- Establish & execute a pipeline target market strategy for achieving sales targets through the appropriate stages of the sales cycle within your assigned client base.
- Build relationships across client organizations to ensure that all stakeholders are managed appropriately as part of the sales process.
- Balance engagements across the sales life-cycle to maintain desired pipeline levels for long, medium, and short-term sales.
You’ll need to have:
- The successful candidates will have experience of both the solutions sales process and account management of clients who have implemented financial data management solutions across multiple business areas including reference and pricing data.
- The candidates will have very strong communication skills, demonstrating an understanding of business drivers such as risk management/regulation and their impact on any EDM solution.
- Candidates must demonstrate the ability to understand and articulate the benefits of managed solutions.
- Proven experience and strong understanding of lengthy sales cycles for complex solutions.
- Business development, strategy, sales, support and growth of EDM in the area of coverage.
- Ownership of revenue generation, pipeline management, strategic partnerships and identifying new opportunities.
- Building relationships with senior level contacts of current clients.
- Experience coaching or mentoring of colleagues in a sales environment.
- Direct contribution to business planning process and collaboration with global teams.
- Candidates will be required to integrate into an existing strong team and be willing to travel.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear. Please apply by following the link.