Senior Scrum Master - BVAL Team (Consultant)
New York, NY
Posted Mar 1, 2019 - Requisition No. 73898
Bloomberg Valuations (BVAL) is a premium Bloomberg product that uses quantitative models to price fixed-income instruments. We support critical valuation functions at large asset managers, sell side banks and index consumers. Our teams write high performance algorithms and infrastructure that take in billions of pieces of market data daily to price several million securities.
Do you embody an agile mindset? Are you looking for a role where you can be more innovative, and improve collaboration and sustainability among engineering teams?
We’re looking for another member to join our scrum master team who will partner with engineers and product groups to guide our agile transformation journey. You’ll have the opportunity to use Empirical Process Control and Systems Thinking to guide the teams through this transformation. In addition, you will partner closely various stakeholders to identify, prioritize and remove impediments in the development process, and increase our ability to respond to change.
We'll trust you to:
- Facilitate meetings and discussions
- Empower teams to keep artifacts organized, updated and visible
- Perform ongoing assessments of the teams' agile maturity and implement iterations as needed
- Partner with product owners to ensure vision, road-map and personas are well defined as well as mentor new POs in the role
- Guide teams on the importance of CI/CD, pair programming and test driven development
- Help teams continuously reflect and improve, becoming more effective in their roles and increasing their predictability, collaboration and quality practices
- Guide teams to understand the "why" behind the practices - sprint events (stand-ups, demos, retrospectives), road-mapping, backlog management (definition, grooming, prioritization)
- Embody a servant leadership mindset and know when to challenge teams/ organizational practices
- Be a thought partner with other Scrum Masters and an Agile Coach on the overarching transformation approach
- Run training on User Story Slicing, Feature Planning, and general Scrum on boarding throughout the organization (and present to different audience sizes and roles)
- Grow your skill-set, learn new tools and techniques, and proactively develop innovative solutions
- Be able to draw upon different techniques and practices to grow the teams, such as scrum, kanban or other methodologies with the overarching goal of sustained agility throughout the organization.
You'll need to have:
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience required
- 3+ years of experience practicing Scrum and Lean Startup methodologies
- Working knowledge of Atlassian tools
We'd love to see:
- Scrum Master experience at a Fortune 500 company or equivalent
- Desire for ongoing education, including training, conferences, user group participation and self-study
- Certified Scrum Master or Certified Scrum Professional (CSM or CSP)
- Hands-on experience with Large Scale Scrum
- Training from the Back of the Room certification