Senior Security Engineer - Penetration Testing
New York, NY
Posted Aug 2, 2022 - Requisition No. 105919
We protect Bloomberg.
The Product Security team is dedicated to making our products and technologies as secure as possible. We report into the CISO, but work closely with engineering teams, product teams, and others across the organization to integrate security into the product lifecycle from design through deployment. Our colleagues depend on us to be application, network, and host security pros. We specialize in defining security requirements, performing application security assessments, and providing developers with remediation advice. On any given day we're performing security reviews on internal and third party applications, while evaluating processes, network design, and access controls.
What's The Role:
You’ll be trusted to conduct security assessments from start to finish with minimal assistance. Depending on the project you may perform white, black, or gray box assessments and may develop proof of concept code to demonstrate the severity of findings. You'll tap into your "security instincts" to find vulnerabilities and break down complicated technical issues and the risks they pose to programmers, network engineers, system administrators, and management. You will collaborate with those teams to ensure correct design, development, and implementation of internal and customer facing projects. While deep technical skills are critical to success with us, we're also looking for fast learners who are passionate about security and are constantly researching to stay ahead of the newest threats. You should be analytical and love to problem solve. Teamwork is key so it's important that you know how to collaborate and be a great teammate.
You'll Need To Have:
- 5+ years of experience working in a similar role
- Experience leading and performing static and dynamic analysis on customer facing applications, websites, and large enterprise networks
- A consistent record of discovering, analyzing, and exploiting application vulnerabilities and misconfigurations on Windows and Linux platforms
- The ability to work with stakeholders throughout the vulnerability lifecycle to communicate issues and provide remediation guidance
- Proficiency in reading, writing, and auditing C, C++ and Python, as well as the ability to pick up new languages/technologies
- Proficiency in at least one scripting language such as Python
- Experience developing custom tools when necessary
- Knowledge of ubiquitous encryption technologies (PGP, SSH, SSL, etc.) and common authentication protocols (OpenID Connect, OAUTH, SAML, RADIUS, LDAP, KERBEROS, etc.)
- Knowledge of secure network design and system architecture
We'd Love To See:
- Proficiency in using IDA Pro, Ollydbg/Immdbg, Windbg, Burp proxy, and other software analysis/debugging tools
- Prior work as a consultant at a highly technical information security consultancy
- Publicly disclosed vulnerabilities (CVEs) and open-source tools
What’s It Like To Work Here?
We work hard. We are ambitious and set ourselves tough business goals. We are a meritocracy, where everyone has a voice - not a job title. Working with people you trust, respect, and can collaborate with is more important than titles or positions. Things move fast, and we want people who will enjoy working in this environment and feed off the energy. That being said, it isn’t all about work. Giving back is one of our core values, and there are many ways to get involved in philanthropic initiatives, from helping local school kids with their reading, to helping clean up local parks and waterways.
If This Sounds Like You:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.