Senior Software Engineer (C++/Python) for Enterprise Business Integration
New York, NY
Posted May 6, 2020 - Requisition No. 82844
At the heart of our business at Bloomberg is connecting decision makers to business and financial information, trading analytics, news, and insight. As our industry has evolved, the way our clients consume data has changed. Today our large enterprise clients are interested in the tight integration of Bloomberg products with their own highly complex, mission-critical systems. To meet their constantly evolving integration needs, Bloomberg Enterprise Technology (ET) group develops solutions focused on high throughput and low-latency secure data transfer over a distributed infrastructure. ET group supports a wide array of products including Real-time data feeds, Managed File Transfer system and Application Development Framework.
The Business Integration engineering team in the Enterprise Technology group is responsible for integrating critical client data sets or applications with Bloomberg trading and financial analytic applications in real-time or via batch processes, as well as delivering Bloomberg's financial data to clients from financial institutions in real-time via API based solutions.
Our clients use Bloomberg Terminal, SFTP, Bloomberg proprietary API framework (a.k.a. BLPAPI) or REST API to connect with our orchestrated or choreographed back end systems. As a software engineer in our group, you'll work on mission-critical, distributed, high-performance software that seamlessly integrates core trading and analytic servers in major investment banks and funds with Bloomberg data and services, as well as provides financial data to both Bloomberg Terminal customers and servers in key financial institutions around the globe.
As a member of our agile team, we'll trust you to:
- Familiarize yourself with our code base and documentation, and proactively identify opportunities to improve code and documentation.
- Design, Implement, Support and Enhance the Business Integration systems. Your key focus will be delivering highly flexible, easily configurable, highly reliable applications in a team of technologists.
- Work in close contact across the Bloomberg organization including ET product, Service and Implementation teams, as well as our clients.
- Contribute ideas in an open discussion to achieve the team`s time-to-market objectives.
You'll need to have:
- 2+ years of C++ or Python software development experience
- Development experience on UNIX or Linux Operating systems
- Thorough understanding of object-oriented programming
- Expertise with data structures and algorithms
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
We'd love to see:
- Hands-on development experience with C++ if your working language is Python, or vice versa.
- Familiarity and experience with Kafka
- Familiarity and experience with REST APIs
- Familiarity with XML, JSON data formats and programming tools to process data in those formats
- Familiarity with scripting languages or any large text processing tools
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies
- Familiarity and experience with BLPAPI
- Prior experience developing Order or Execution Management Systems, Portfolio and Risk Management Systems
If this sounds like you, please apply!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.