Senior Software Engineer (Python) - Enterprise Connectivity
New York, NY
Posted Apr 7, 2021 - Requisition No. 88185
The Enterprise Connectivity & Integration group is changing the way our Enterprise clients connect and integrate with Bloomberg by building an Integration Platform-as-a-Service (iPaaS) offering, giving clients a flexible generic tool to self-service their needs. We engineer technology for high throughput and low-latency secure data transfer over a distributed infrastructure. This is one of the foundations upon which Bloomberg’s Enterprise business is built on. With ever increasing demands for more capabilities from our clients, Enterprise Connectivity is building new strategic cloud-based infrastructure in order to provide secure, reliable and scalable connectivity solutions over multiple channels, including Messaging, FIX, SFTP and Web API.
What’s the Role?
As a member of our Enterprise Connectivity engineering team, you will be responsible for the design, development, support and enhancement of client facing connectivity services. You will build elastic and fault-tolerant connectivity that can ensure high throughput under heavy volume, and managed through our self-service tools over our large-scale distributed systems and network. You will also build tools to manage and automate connectivity stability for multiple protocols over cloud infrastructure, as well as building a secure proxy to manage traffic and apply policy in real-time. But more importantly, you must enjoy solving challenging problems, and passionate about learning and using the right tool or programming language to craft that graceful solution.
You'll need to have:
- Experience in server-side software development using Object Oriented Languages
- Experience with, or an interest to work in Python and Go Lang
- Knowledge of large-scale distributed systems in practice, including multi-tier architectures, application security, monitoring and storage system
- Strong technical problem-solving skills and understanding of data structures and algorithm
- Strong sense of ownership, able to drive and take projects across the finish line
We'd love to see:
- Experience or an interest working in C++ and Java
- Exposure to connectivity protocols like SFTP and HTTP
- Experience with agile software development methodologies
- Familiarity with open source technologies like Postgres, Docker, Redis
- Innovative mind-set, generate ideas to overcome challenges.
- Experience delivering in a dynamic and rapidly changing, technical environment
We are extremely proud of our diverse and open culture, and value diversity of thought and perspective in every form. We're looking for engineers with a real passion for writing reusable, efficient solutions to complex problems, who can adapt to an ever-changing market landscape, and who can collaborate and work effectively on small teams to develop software that impacts thousands of users around the world. If this sounds like you, apply!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.