Senior Software Engineer (Service Reliability) - Data License
New York, NY
Posted Mar 28, 2022 - Requisition No. 88691
The mission of the Reliability Engineering team in Data License is to develop software solutions that address the gaps and challenges in understanding, measuring, and improving the reliability of data delivery services. With delivering billions of data points to hundreds of thousands of customers every day (and growing), Reliability Engineers ensure that all our customers have reliable access to our services to receive market moving data when they need it; while supporting service improvements, expansion of our service offerings, and increasing demand from our customers.
Through software engineering and collaboration with application engineers, members of the Data License Reliability Engineering team design and build solutions that automate and optimize the ability for Data License services to run reliably for our customers. The team makes an impact by increasing the observability of Data License services, automating capacity management of production infrastructure, and reducing the time it takes to resolve issues through automation in deployments and responding to incidents.
We’ll trust you to:
- Take a “solve this with software or automation” approach to challenges and issues related to service reliability
- Improve the observability of applications, services, and infrastructure systems to help teams understand how the systems are performing
- Design and propose improvements to software solutions used to measure and monitor the performance of applications and services
- Collaborate with application development teams to identify gaps that negatively impact service reliability; including improving monitoring, capacity management, and incident response workflows.
- Manage a high-quality and robust production platform and promotion pipeline to ensure available capacity and resources for services
- Reduce human toil through automation of manual tasks, steps, and workflows
- Work collaboratively with the team to accomplish goals within an agile software development lifecycle
You’ll need to have:
- Experience designing and developing iterative software solutions in a high-level programming language
- Creative problem solving approaches that account for existing services, environment and resource limit constraints
- Demonstrated understanding or experience working in all levels of the technical stack, from applications to underlying computing infrastructure and machine hardware
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle, from development through production release
- Willingness to learn new technologies and adapt to changing priorities
- Eagerness and ability to work with different types of functional groups, share knowledge and contribute
We’ll love to see experience with:
- Containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, Python)
- Infrastructure as code and configuration management tools
- Defining and measuring service level indicators and service level objectives for applications, services and infrastructure
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.