Senior Software Engineer – Advanced Market Making Workflow
New York, NY
Posted Apr 16, 2020 - Requisition No. 82525
As the market continues to evolve, fixed income sell-side firms continue to invest in technology as a way to increase profit. Trade Order Management System (TOMS) provides a complete solution for these firms with inventory and risk management, regulatory reporting, and in particular advanced market making tools. Marking making in particular is growing as a distinguishing factor from our competitors and a leader in sales opportunities. Traders need increasingly larger volumes of real-time data from various sources, an easy way to sift through this information and extract exactly the data they need, and simple way to act on this data, to confidently make trading decisions. We design and develop full-stack software that includes flexible UIs, high-performing publishing layers, database accessors, and extensive business logic including a server-side formula engine. The entire workflow is controlled via a robust safeguard and alerting system that allows clients to monitor and compare their quotes against various sources and control publishing the quotes from exchange(s) in case of any issues.
As a senior engineer in ETOMS Market Making Workflow team, you will participate in challenging technical design and implementation of both front-end and back-end systems. You will enhance the clients’ workflows through automation and customization (including a server-side formula engine) and solve a unique challenge of the ever increasing data and views in the UI while still having a great performance for 100K+ securities. We take pride in being a client-facing team, truly understanding the clients need, including client visits, and contributing equally to the direction we go as a business. We have a strong partnership with product and other engineering teams to innovate technical designs and feature direction. You will be given opportunities to devise reliable, scalable and maintainable functionality. As a senior engineer, you will play a key role in assisting other team members with development process and giving constructive feedback by doing code reviews.
We’ll trust you to:
- Be part of the highly motivated team of software engineers as a strong team player
- Work independently as an individual contributor as well as work with other teams to meet new product and Engineering requirements
- Write efficient code that can be scaled easily to boost performance
- Think about bigger picture, take calculated risks and come up with innovative ideas
You'll need to have:
- 3+ years of experience in software development with strong software engineering skills
- Good communication skills to collaborate with business and other engineering teams
- Desire to learn new technologies and the Fixed Income business
We'd love to see:
- Thorough understanding of UI/UX principles and developing client facing software
- A keen interest in learning modern technological advances and proven success at incorporating new technology into existing systems
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.