Senior Python Engineer – CIS Connectivity (Consultant)
New York, NY
Posted Mar 7, 2019 - Requisition No. 74006
At the heart of our business at Bloomberg is connecting decision makers to business and financial information, news and insight. As our industry has evolved, the way our clients consume that data has changed. Today our large enterprise clients and FinTech vendors demand tight integration of Bloomberg products with their own highly complex and time sensitive software systems.
The Bloomberg Connectivity & Integration Solutions (CIS) group is changing the way our Enterprise clients connect and integrate with Bloomberg by building an Integration Platform-as-a-Service (iPaaS) offering, giving clients a flexible generic tool to self-service their needs. We engineer technology for high throughput and low-latency secure data transfer over a distributed cloud-based infrastructure. We allow our users to provision and get analytics over their integration suite with Bloomberg products, accessible through a single system available online (console.bloomberg.com) and in the Bloomberg Terminal. This is an area that is growing rapidly. With ever increasing demands for more capabilities in data transformation and analytics, we are building out our Integration Platform as a Service (iPaaS) offering through an architecture using a combination of open source, third party, and in-house technologies to scale to meet these demands.
We're building new strategic cloud-based infrastructure as we extend our capabilities for enterprise client connectivity over multiple channels including Messaging, FIX, SFTP and Web API. As a member of our team, you will be responsible for design, implementation, support and enhancement of client facing connectivity services. You will be responsible for building scalable, secure, high quality fault-tolerant connectivity that can ensure high throughput under heavy volume and managed through our user self-service tools over our large-scale distributed systems and network.
You'll need to have:
- 3+ years of experience in Python programming
- 3+ years of experience in UNIX/Linux scripting
- Practical SQL experience
- Knowledge of large-scale distributed systems in practice, including multi-tier architectures, IaaS, application security, monitoring and storage system
- Strong technical problem-solving skills
- Can work in a fast-paced Agile environment
We'd love to see:
- Understanding of cryptography/security protocols and standards such as TLS, SSH, OAuth
- Familiarity with connectivity protocols like SFTP, WebSphere MQ, REST API, HTTP/S
- Familiarity with open source database technologies like Postgres
If this sounds like you, submit your application and indicate which of the opportunities you are most interested in. You can also learn more about the products we build at: