Senior Software Engineer – CIS Integration Platform
New York, NY
Posted Dec 4, 2018 - Requisition No. 72365
At the heart of our business at Bloomberg is connecting decision makers to business and financial information, news and insight. As our industry has evolved, the way our clients consume that data has changed. Today our large enterprise clients and FinTech vendors demand tight integration of Bloomberg products with their own highly complex and time sensitive software systems.
The Bloomberg Connectivity & Integration Solutions (CIS) group is changing the way our Enterprise clients connect and integrate with Bloomberg by building an Integration Platform-as-a-Service (iPaaS) offering, giving clients a flexible generic tool to self-service their needs. We engineer technology for high throughput and low-latency secure data transfer over a distributed cloud-based infrastructure. We allow our users to provision and get analytics over their integration suite with Bloomberg products, accessible through a single system available online (console.bloomberg.com) and in the Bloomberg Terminal. This is an area that is growing rapidly. With ever increasing demands for more capabilities in data transformation and analytics, we are building out our Integration Platform as a Service (iPaaS) offering through an architecture using a combination of open source, third party, and in-house technologies to scale to meet these demands.
Our system merges ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) design, Real-time processing and Data Management. We're building new functionality and features as we extend our capability over a generic messaging and streaming framework for: Data Transformation, Orchestration, Derived Code Generation, Protocol Mediation and Enrichment while processing heavy volume. As a member of our team, you will be responsible for design, implementation, support and enhancements of client facing integration services in response to client requirements and changing industry trends. Your key focus will be delivering highly flexible, easily configurable, highly reliable and scalable applications in a very fast paced environment. You will be working in close contact with experienced technologists in the team and across the Bloomberg organization, Product, Service and Implementation teams and our clients. The team operates in a very agile manner where everyone is expected to contribute ideas in an open discussion to achieve the team`s time-to-market objectives.
You'll need to have:
- Experience in Java, Python, C# or C++
- Expertise in data structures and algorithms and strong problem-solving skills
- Strong object-oriented skills and experience applying modern design patterns
- Experience in engineering a hosted and distributed infrastructure
- Can work in a fast-paced Agile environment
- Is unafraid to work with a variety of technologies to develop innovative solutions.
- Can collaborate directly with key stakeholders to translate business requirements into value products.
We'd love to see:
- Experience with open-source technologies such as Kafka and Cassandra
- An understanding of or exposure to functional programming languages such as Scala and F#
- Experience working with Java/Web technology
- Prior experience developing Order or Execution Management Systems
- Familiarity with XML, JSON data formats and programming tools to process data in those formats
If this sounds like you, submit your application and indicate which of the opportunities you are most interested in. You can also learn more about the products we build at https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/solution/integration-and-distribution/ https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/product/enterprise-gateway/