Senior Software Engineer – Communication Systems
New York, NY
Posted Mar 20, 2018 - Requisition No. 66119
Our product is the foundation of Bloomberg's premier reputation and client experience. We build the technology that allows Bloomberg representatives to answer client questions in an unparalleled fashion, and also helps quickly detect and diagnose issues in our product. Leveraging client intelligence gained from years of incoming questions, our tools are able to react in real time to incoming client chats and phone calls. Our group’s work empowers the Bloomberg Analytics desk, or HELP HELP service, which enables our 300,000+ clients to connect in real time and get their questions answered accurately and efficiently. We also provide tools that help our engineers to be easily notified about any issues within our product, and then communicate effectively about these issues across the various departments in the company. If you believe scalability, performance and reliability are a given, then we want you on our team.
If you love owning the product throughout the entire development cycle, we’d love to hear more about how you’ve been successful doing so in a collaborative environment. If you are passionate about your work, embrace changing business priorities and enjoy consistently delivering on exciting projects, you will enjoy working here.
We’ll trust you to have:
- 2+ years of experience programming in Object Oriented Programming
- A passion for design, problem solving, and hands-on development
- Demonstrated knowledge of object-oriented design, data structures, systems, and applications programming
- Good communication skills
We'd love to see:
- Experience working with open source technologies such as REDIS, Ignite, or RabbitMQ
- Experience shipping high-profile user-facing products, working with large code bases, and engineering features for security, scalability, and high availability
- Knowledge of multithreading programming
- An understanding of the design, implementation, and deployment of high performance, large-scale applications in a distributed environment
- An interest in the latest technologies, industry practices, research, and trends