Senior Software Engineer – Communication Systems
New York, NY
Posted Mar 3, 2020 - Requisition No. 77082
Our product is the foundation of Bloomberg's premier reputation and client experience. The work we do empowers the front lines of Bloomberg’s legendary customer service, and enables our 300,000+ clients to connect in real time and get their questions answered accurately and efficiently.
The solutions that we provide enable Bloomberg representatives to answer tens of thousands of client questions daily in an unparalleled fashion. We save time for Bloomberg’s clients by offering automated callback and self-service tools for common inquiries. Our platform is used across the company to place, receive and track calls. We provide seamless integration for other internal and client-facing systems in need of real time communication services. Our system is critical to Bloomberg, and we are continually expanding its capabilities by innovating to solve new business challenges.
We employ a wide range of technologies across the stack, including:
- Java/C++ for high performance distributed services
- RabbitMQ message queueing as well as multicast-based pub/sub
- NodeJS/React for next generation web applications
- SIP/RTP/JTAPI for telecommunications
- Hadoop/Hive/Spark for analysis to enable data-driven business decisions
If you love owning the product throughout the entire development cycle, we’d love to hear more about how you’ve been successful doing so in a collaborative environment. If you are passionate about your work, embrace changing business priorities and enjoy consistently delivering on exciting projects, you will enjoy working as part of our agile team. If you believe scalability, performance and reliability are a given, then we want you on our team.
We’ll trust you to have:
- 3+ years of experience programming in Object Oriented Programming (Java preferred)
- An understanding of the design, implementation, and deployment of high performance, large-scale applications in a distributed environment
- A passion for design, problem solving, and hands-on development
- Demonstrated knowledge of object-oriented design, data structures, systems, and applications programming
- Good communication skills
We'd love to see:
- Experience with telephony integrations and APIs such as JTAPI, TAPI and/or experience with implementing recording, playback and streaming audio including codecs for voice (g.711, g.729, etc.)
- Experience shipping high-profile user-facing products, working with large code bases, and engineering features for security, scalability, and high availability
- Knowledge of multithreading programming
- An interest in the latest technologies, industry practices, research, and trends
- Experience of Windows system engineering including Active Directory, PowerShell scripting, and Windows Service management
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.