Senior Software Engineer – HR Engineering (Contractor)
New York, NY
Posted Oct 21, 2022 - Requisition No. 110687
**Please note that this is a contract position**
With more than 19,000 employees, Bloomberg HR Engineering builds systems to ensure that our global company is able to run smoothly and efficiently. The HR teams rely on our products to ensure that complex workflows involving anything from recruiting, employee on-boarding, compensation, talent management, to compensation, are streamlined and top-notch. Our organization would not be anywhere without our employees and the products we build are critical in making sure our employees have the resources they need.
The HR Engineering team is responsible for developing secure, cutting-edge complex systems that evaluate and grow our organization of contributors and leaders. This is done through cyclical and on-demand assessments of participation and performance year-round as well as providing tools for professional and personal growth to all employees.
Business Exposure: Along with working closely with our product team, you will get the chance to work with top executives and other stakeholders to help them manage mission critical processes and gather requirements for developing the next generation of products.
We will trust you to:
- Take ownership of the products and prototype, build and iterate at a rapid pace
- Work with a variety of technologies to develop innovative solutions
- Collaborate in an agile, fast-paced team
- Be a problem solver and think outside the box
- Deliver on time without compromising on quality
You will need to have:
- 5+ years of experience in designing and implementing complex full stack software applications
- Experience in C# (.NET Core is a plus)
- Experience in Modern Web Tech/Angular
- Familiarity with database programming (PostgreSQL / SQL Server)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
We would love to see:
- Experience shipping high-profile user-facing products, working with large code bases, and engineering features for security, scalability, and high availability
- Development using best practices and standards (i.e. Unit Testing, Future-proof implementations, Configurability, etc.)
- An understanding of the design, implementation, and deployment of high performance, large-scale applications in a distributed environment
Learn more about the HR Engineering Team here: https://www.techatbloomberg.com/blog/meet-the-team-hr-engineering/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability , pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 900 - 1,300 USD Daily