Senior Software Engineer – Launchpad Terminal Platform
New York, NY
Posted Nov 12, 2021 - Requisition No. 97571
Bloomberg Launchpad is the platform that hosts more than tens of thousands of Bloomberg's Terminal applications that underpin the global financial markets, and helps financial professionals stay productive 24/7/365. Launchpad is one of the most important Bloomberg infrastructures: the software we build ranges from the user platform to APIs, tools, and infrastructures that over 6,000 Bloomberg engineers depend on to build robust applications. We also heavily invest in optimization, metrics, and monitoring of all layers of the platform, as well as continuous integration/deployment and regression testing.
In the Launchpad team, our work involves working across various stacks and collaborating with teams across the company, and we play a crucial role in integrating various client-side and server-side technologies together to make one rich-featured platform.
What’s in it for you?
- An opportunity to leave your mark on a platform that is used by every Bloomberg user and APIs that are used by thousands of Bloomberg engineers every day.
- Exciting technical challenges in scalability, performance, data management, API design, user experience design, etc.
- An opportunity to work on a variety of technical stacks and architect a large-scale software range from server to client.
- Working in a close-knit team with supportive colleagues who like to discuss and share knowledge with each other.
We will expect you to:
- Work closely with the team to improve our Launchpad platform in a collaborative manner
- Collaborate across multiple teams, work with a variety of technologies and learn new skills as needed
- Design and implement maintainable software solution, API and distributed systems with proper testing plan and safe release strategies
- Have excellent logical thinking, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Be passionate about continuously improving our work and bringing in new technologies and tools to the team.
We would love to see:
- Extensive knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Passion about Automated testing, CI and CD
- Interest in following agile methodologies
- Desire to work on a high profile product and infrastructure and make an impact
- Experience working with distributed systems and telemetry
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.