Senior Software Engineer – Realtime Enterprise Services
New York, NY
Posted Oct 12, 2022 - Requisition No. 101100
As the financial world continues to move toward software rather than humans doing portfolio analysis, automated trading and statistical analysis to discover investment opportunities, companies need streams of financial data to feed their systems and build their businesses. Our team builds distributed systems providing both pub/sub and request/response services via Bloomberg’s API (BLPAPI) to give our enterprise customers the data they need. Some of our services provide real-time pricing or event data while others provide functionality to discover new securities and datasets. Our enterprise systems are one of the fastest growing areas of Bloomberg and are used by banks, hedge funds, and quantitative trading companies to drive their businesses. We work with internal teams across Bloomberg to turn our wealth of data and analytics into useful APIs and data feeds, and integrate with external clients on the cutting edge of financial technology.
What’s in it for you:
Our team’s goal is to build new products to provide content to Bloomberg’s large and growing BLPAPI customer base. We aim to be the programmatic interface to the data available on the Bloomberg terminal, providing access to everything via software accessible APIs. As such, our suite of products is constantly expanding, providing you the opportunity to build new software and systems. You’ll have the opportunity to design and build new products from scratch, working with our skilled product and engineering teams to design and implement new technical solutions, while relying on the stable infrastructure of Bloomberg supporting your builds and deployments. You’ll be working with a wide variety of technologies and languages such as Kafka and other messaging technologies, no-SQL and relational databases, Hadoop, Web APIs, C++17/20, and Python3, with the freedom to choose the right tools and technologies to build solid, low maintenance systems.
We’ll trust you to:
- Design robust, resilient distributed systems and client facing services meant to run 24/7 supporting the businesses of financial customers
- Write well documented, production quality library and application code
- Work directly with product stakeholders and other engineering teams using Agile development practices
- Ensure the stability of the software across the team via code reviews, continuous integration and occasional maintenance
- Make contributions to the team through collaboration, mentoring of junior developers, presentations, and independently improving systems
You’ll need to have:
- 3+ Years professional software development experience
- Professional experience using C++
- Experience with building one or more of: distributed systems, service oriented design, large scale library design, realtime low latency systems, high throughput systems
- BA, BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field.
We’d like to see:
- Evidence of independently driving software projects to completion
- Experience with cross-team collaboration with other engineers, business teams and/or clients
- Professional financial knowledge or fintech experience
We are extremely proud of our diverse and open culture, and value diversity of thought and perspective in every form. We're looking for engineers with a real passion for writing reusable, efficient solutions to complex problems, who can adapt to an ever-changing market landscape, and who can collaborate and work effectively on small teams to develop software that impacts thousands of power users around the world.
If this sounds like you, please apply below!
To find out more about Engineering at Bloomberg, check out www.bloomberg.com/careers/technology/engineering/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 160,000 - 240,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus