Senior Software Engineer – Security Technologies (Contractor)
New York, NY
Posted Oct 20, 2022 - Requisition No. 110628
Senior Software Engineer - Security Technology (Contractor)
Who We Are:
Security Technology Engineering Team is part of Bloomberg Internal & Client Services Application Department. We develop software systems to support our global security operations, visitor management and enterprise resiliency and incident management. Global security's Employee Badge System focuses on providing security system serving our 23,000+ employees and contractors in our nearly 200 offices and facilities around the world. Visitor Management System facilitates welcoming thousands of visitors around the world to our offices, and is an important component of Bloomberg's public image and global operation. Enterprise Resiliency and Incident Management system provides the much needed support to our employees, and helps ensure continuous operation of our company in case of disasters and incidents.
About the role:
Our team is seeking a self-motivated senior software engineer with an interest in designing and building solutions to solve real world problems and address the security needs for the company.
We'll trust you to:
- Be the owner of the product - you will work closely with the business to build a strong product
- Be a solid team player - you can expect to work with others in a highly, collaborative environment
- Be innovative - you'll think outside of the box when coming up with technical solutions that deliver business value
- Be passionate - you're passionate about our diverse set of users and product
- Be proactive - you are good at finding gaps and contribute ideas on everything from UI, product, tech stack and our development flow
You'll need to have:
- Experience working in a test-driven development environment (unit testing frameworks like Unitest, Autotest, Pytest, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience with any RDBM system like PostgreSQL, SQL Server
- Ability to quickly embrace and master new technologies and put them into practice
- Passion and strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technology field
We'd love to see:
- Familiarity with Redis and Kafka
- Familiarity with Node.js & React.js
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies like Scrum and Kanban, using Jira
- Integration experience with 3rd party vendor system
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 900 - 1,300 USD Daily