Senior Software Engineer – Technology Infrastructure Inventory Systems
New York, NY
Posted Nov 11, 2022 - Requisition No. 102288
The Technology Infrastructure Inventory System Teams strive to be the authoritative source of IT resources used by Bloomberg and to provide a set of self-service tools to provide visibility and management capabilities to the entire technology infrastructure lifecycle. We seek to provide intuitive ways for engineers at Bloomberg to define and budget for the infrastructure resources they’ll need for their projects, orchestrate the purchasing and installation of that infrastructure within Bloomberg’s data centers, automate the delivery of that infrastructure to engineering stakeholders, and ultimately use this process to collect the entire infrastructure data into a single system of record. As the single point of entry to technology infrastructure services, we work closely with subject matter experts in the fields of compute, storage, networking and security as we aim to unify their services into a single system, and we enable application SRE teams to do their job more effectively.
We are passionate about data quality, scaling and managing services, virtualization, distributed systems, designing networks, and optimizing compute and storage performance.
What’s in it for you:
As a member of one of the technology infrastructure inventory systems teams, you will be one of the developers that has a direct influence on how the rest of Bloomberg Engineering interacts with its infrastructure. You will have the opportunity to define standards for how domain experts will interact with an overarching platform, contribute to upstream open-source projects, and find new avenues of automation that make interacting with our infrastructure easier. You’ll be encouraged to attend relevant technology conferences and engage with their respective communities.
We’ll Expect you to:
- Develop scalable, robust APIs
- Create extensible workflow pipelines that can scale with our changing business procedures
- Understand and extend data models that accurately represent our technology infrastructure
- Take an active role in gathering requirements and interacting with our stakeholders in order to contribute toward product design
- Collaborate with and mentor members of your team
- Review code committed by your peers
- Field inquiries and requests from production users
You’ll need to have:
- Solid understanding of software development, and experience with writing end to end applications
- Ability to distill problems, and respectfully discuss ideas, and solutions with clarity
- Self-motivation to figure out things independently
- A curiosity about how things work; continuously learns and improves, and generosity in sharing knowledge with others
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related technology field
We’d love to see:
- Proven experience developing scalable RESTful and GraphQL APIs using languages like python, golang, or C#
- Prior experience designing scalable DB schemas, working with RDBMS and/or NoSQL DBs optimizing for performance
- Experience with orchestration systems such as Apache Airflow, Saltstack or Ansible
- An understanding of containerization using technologies such as Docker or Kubernetes
We are looking for a candidate who can contribute to our vision by proposing creative and flexible ideas, implementing robust solutions, and engaging peers and stakeholders at various levels to fully understand problem sets.
If this sounds like something you would be passionate about, apply! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 160,000 - 240,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus