Senior Software Engineer - ABS/RMBS/CMBS/CLO - Structured Products (FA - Financial Analytics)
New York, NY
Posted Apr 13, 2022 - Requisition No. 101785
The Bloomberg Structured Products team is responsible for all data, cash flows and analytics of the two million plus bonds that make up the structured products universe. Because of how large and sophisticated these securities are, we own some of the largest databases, run the highest hit services that return billions of points of data, and maintain the best libraries of cash flow models at Bloomberg.
There are a lot of Engineering jobs to choose from at Bloomberg, with teams focusing on products with their own particularities. The Structured Products department is looking to build up its team of Software Engineers who have an interest in building our first class Structured Products Analytics Platform. If you have experience in structured finance, or are interested in learning structured finance, then this is the job for you. We cover all sectors, including ABS, RMBS, CMBS, CLO, and International. Our team owns all aspects of the securitization process: structuring tool, amortization, cashflow engine, modeling, collateral analysis, and bond analytics.
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years experience programming in Python, or experience with a similar dynamic language such as Ruby
- Comprehensive knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Strong problem solving skills
- An understanding of modern design patterns and proven experience applying them
- A thorough understanding of the systems you've worked on
- a bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field, and/or
- an equivalent combination of education, and/or
- specialized training, and/or
- related professional experience
This position requires at least one of the following:
We'd love to see:
- Knowledge of structured finance data, cashflows, and analytics
- Experience with data processing systems
- Familiarity with open-source technologies
- Experience with distributed systems
If you're interested in being a part of the Structured Products organization, submit your resume here!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org