Senior Software Engineer - Access Control and Security (Consultant)
New York, NY
Posted Oct 25, 2019 - Requisition No. 79210
The Access Control and Security Engineering team is responsible for ensuring proper security measures and risk management throughout the company. We manage a suite of applications, ranging from data classification, data security/protection, incident management, to general physical security such as access control in company facilities. Our team is seeking a self-motivated engineer with an interest in designing solutions for complex development environments and implementing scalable architectures to improve overall security and supporting software specific to the area of facilities management.
In this role, you will work closely with our business partners to identify critical problems and develop robust solutions with high resilience requirements. The business areas include but are not limited to our employee badge system, visitor management system and other security related applications. If you love working on critical systems and are passionate about using the technology that's right for the job, please apply below!
We'll trust you to:
- Be a solid team player- you can expect to work with others in a highly, collaborative environment
- Be innovative - you'll think outside of the box when coming up with technical solutions that deliver business value
- Be passionate- you're passionate about our diverse set of users and product
- Be proactive- you'll contribute ideas on everything from UI, product, tech stack and our development flow
You'll need to have:
- 5+ years of software engineering experience in a strongly-typed object-oriented language (C++, C#, Java, Python)
- 3+ years of experience with a relational SQL database.
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technology field
We'd love to see:
- Experience with web services, XSD/WSDL, SOAP, SOA and micro-services architecture
- Familiar with unit testing, CI/CD and Dep-Op.
- Database schema design, performance optimization skills and query tuning
- Experience with both Windows and Linux system programming (IPC and multi-threading)
- Experience in the Java Spring framework
- Experience in either SQL Alchemy (Python) or Hibernate (Java)
- Experience in ReactJS